*Quick help please* Gaming headset suggestions

kennethk

Would appreciate if I get some quick suggestions since i Plan on buying some later today. Would anyone know a good 7.1 headset under $200 that's cross compatible as well as works with ps4? 

Thanks.

Would appreciate if I get some quick suggestions since i Plan on buying some later today. Would anyone know a good 7.1 headset under $200 that's cross compatible as well as works with ps4? 

Thanks.

PS4 will accept any headset with a standard 3.5mm jack (unlike the xbone).

7.1 headsets don't do crap, and I imagine they wouldn't work with the PS4 anyway because they usually use USB instead to do some software 7.1.

I would recommend the Creative Aurvana Live 2 definitely. Best headset under 200$ bar none IMO. 

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana-Headset-Drivers-In-Line/dp/B00FC2R7ZW

Just one thing though, it uses a built in line mic (similarly to a iphone headset or something) instead of an extended mic like on most headsets. If you REALLY don't want that, I can recommend some other good headphones for you. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

PS4 will accept any headset with a standard 3.5mm jack (unlike the xbone).

7.1 headsets don't do crap, and I imagine they wouldn't work with the PS4 anyway because they usually use USB instead to do some software 7.1.

I would recommend the Creative Aurvana Live 2 definitely. Best headset under 200$ bar none IMO. 

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana-Headset-Drivers-In-Line/dp/B00FC2R7ZW

Just one thing though, it uses a built in line mic (similarly to a iphone headset or something) instead of an extended mic like on most headsets. If you REALLY don't want that, I can recommend some other good headphones for you. 

I was kind of hoping for a wireless set.

I was kind of hoping for a wireless set.

If you're intending to use it mostly with the PS4, can't you just plug it in to the dualshock controller headphone jack? That way it's basically wireless (not connected to your tv by a cable)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I'm not intending to use it mostly for ps4, which is why I said I'd like one thats cross compatible.

Have you tried the ps4 headphones with the pc? I heard it drops audio quality pretty badly, and can I use the dongle on pc to make it wireless?

Have you tried the ps4 headphones with the pc? I heard it drops audio quality pretty badly, and can I use the dongle on pc to make it wireless?

You can use the USB dongle to use it wireless, Or you can plug the 3.5mm cable.   I believe you don't get surround from the headset itself in PC, at least that was the case with the very first set, not sure about the gold and elite versions.

But I think those are the ONLY wireless headsets that work with the PS4 right now.  Sony just released a patch to make them work, and no other device is supported for now.

A detail that you may not have consider, I use my standard headphones with the PS4, the controller itself have a 3.5mm jack, where you can plug any standard headphone or headsets with a 4 pole plug, this makes the headphones kinda wireless, there is not a cable going from the PS4 to the headphones, only the cable from the controller to the headphones,  you can set the PS4 to output all sounds through the controller. 

And to my surprise the amp in the PS4 controller is actually not that bad.  I mean is not the best ever, but I was really expecting something much worse.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

You can use the USB dongle to use it wireless, Or you can plug the 3.5mm cable.   I believe you don't get surround from the headset itself in PC, at least that was the case with the very first set, not sure about the gold and elite versions.

But I think those are the ONLY wireless headsets that work with the PS4 right now.  Sony just released a patch to make them work, and no other device is supported for now.

A detail that you may not have consider, I use my standard headphones with the PS4, the controller itself have a 3.5mm jack, where you can plug any standard headphone or headsets with a 4 pole plug, this makes the headphones kinda wireless, there is not a cable going from the PS4 to the headphones, only the cable from the controller to the headphones,  you can set the PS4 to output all sounds through the controller. 

And to my surprise the amp in the PS4 controller is actually not that bad.  I mean is not the best ever, but I was really expecting something much worse.

Thanks but I splurged a bit more and got a pair of these - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3PDH5G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been wanting to try them, I do like those audiophiles listed might get those as my music headphones

Thanks but I splurged a bit more and got a pair of these - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3PDH5G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been wanting to try them, I do like those audiophiles listed might get those as my music headphones

That's good.  I would just want to point out that these will work as wireless headphones in the PS4, but you can not use the Mic  (You have to update the firmware in the base station and then plug a cable from the headset to the PS4 controller to have chat.)

Mystery is the source of all true science.