Ubuntu installer not recognizing Windows 10?

I'm currently trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu. However, i'm having an issue trying to get Ubuntu installed. 

I've created a bootable USB per Ubuntu's instructions, and I can boot into the installer just fine. When it comes to doing the actual installation, the installer does not see Windows 10 installed on my machine like it should be. I've done a little digging for answers. The only things I could really find were to turn off Fast Startup and to scan and repair the volume on which Windows is installed. None of that seems to be working. 

I did just install a new SSD on which I have created a partition to install Linux, would there be any reason that may be messing with something? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Can you post a screenshot or a picture of what you see? Are you targeting the same drive you installed Windows on? Did you format the partition you made for Linux in ntfs?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it doesn't need to recognize windows. You can just create a partition for ubuntu on your drive from within windows and instal ubuntu to that

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can you post a screenshot or a picture of what you see? Are you targeting the same drive you installed Windows on? Did you format the partition you made for Linux in ntfs?

I'm currently at work, so i will post screenshots later. I don't want to install it on the same drive as Windows, I want to install it on a partition of the SSD i just installed if possible. That partition is formatted in NTFS. 

If it helps here is my HD configuration.

250 GB SSD - C Drive - Windows Boot
2TB Mechanical - D Drive - Steam Library
500 GB SSD - Partitioned into two volumes, E & F.

E is where i would like to install linux if possible. 

35 minutes ago, khoppertop said:

I'm currently at work, so i will post screenshots later. I don't want to install it on the same drive as Windows, I want to install it on a partition of the SSD i just installed if possible. That partition is formatted in NTFS. 

If it helps here is my HD configuration.

250 GB SSD - C Drive - Windows Boot
2TB Mechanical - D Drive - Steam Library
500 GB SSD - Partitioned into two volumes, E & F.

E is where i would like to install linux if possible. 

well... then why does it matter if it recognizes Windows? Just point it to the correct drive and do a normal installation.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

48 minutes ago, Sauron said:

well... then why does it matter if it recognizes Windows? Just point it to the correct drive and do a normal installation.

That was the next plan. This is new territory for myself, and things deviated a bit from the instructions I was given. Measure twice and cut once. 

Will installing on its own like that change how I boot into Linux? GRUB vs Changing the boot order in the UEFI? 

1 hour ago, khoppertop said:

That was the next plan. This is new territory for myself, and things deviated a bit from the instructions I was given. Measure twice and cut once. 

Will installing on its own like that change how I boot into Linux? GRUB vs Changing the boot order in the UEFI? 

You'd still need to change boot order. If you want Windows to show up in GRUB you can configure it after the installation.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

35 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You'd still need to change boot order. If you want Windows to show up in GRUB you can configure it after the installation.

Sounds good. Will go through with everything this evening. Thank you for your advice!