How to setup microphone correctly?

Nalgasp3ludas

Hey guys I have a problem. My laptop has 2 3.5  connectors, one has a headset logo and the other a mic, I want to play cod wz with my friends but I cant find a way to setup my mic. I have a corsair void pro wired headset but whenever I plug it in on the mic port it wont detect it. I tried using corsair cue but it wont detect it aswell. I have to plug it in the headset port just to hear and activate the integrated laptop mic, the problem is that I cant find a way to just hear my friends on the headset and all the game audio through the laptop speakers. I tried going thru all the settings on both the game and on windows.

I also tried using akg earbuds that came with the note 10 (type c) but it wont detect the niether.

I would really appreciate some help

So your headset has 1 3.5mm jack and when you plug it into the headphone plug you get audio but not mic and when you plug it into the mic, you get nothing?

I believe the only way to fix it is to use a splitter like This. you plug the headset into it then 1 into the headphone port and the other in the mic port.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

If I researched correctly the headset comes with a dongle that you can use instead of the ports on the laptop. When using that you should be able to set the headset as the *default communication*  device and the internal speakers as the "normal" default device. I am not sure what software you use, but Discord at least respects the defaul communications device settings.
This probably doesn't work with the built in port, because many laptops do the headphone/speakers switching internally without the OS having a way to know this. This means there is no way at all to use both at the same time.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

4 hours ago, Domifi said:

If I researched correctly the headset comes with a dongle that you can use instead of the ports on the laptop. When using that you should be able to set the headset as the *default communication*  device and the internal speakers as the "normal" default device. I am not sure what software you use, but Discord at least respects the defaul communications device settings.
This probably doesn't work with the built in port, because many laptops do the headphone/speakers switching internally without the OS having a way to know this. This means there is no way at all to use both at the same time.

Ahh yeah I remember that, I think I mightve lost it already. 

4 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

So your headset has 1 3.5mm jack and when you plug it into the headphone plug you get audio but not mic and when you plug it into the mic, you get nothing?

I believe the only way to fix it is to use a splitter like This. you plug the headset into it then 1 into the headphone port and the other in the mic port.

Yeah when I plug it in the mic port I get nothing. I do remember the headset coming with a jack to usb thingy but I lost it. I will have to get the splitter. 

Thank you both!