I am trying to get into Virtual Machines and such, and for that I need to enable AMD-V, (hardware virtualisation). To do this, you must do it From within the BIOS. No problem, I know my way around the BIOS

I restart my Computer and Spam delete (this is my Motherboards BIOS key) but instead of bringing me there, my screen stays black for a solid minute. Weird, it never takes this long to load

I restart again, but to the same result. Fearing I may of broken my computer, I attempt to start it normally. This is where I notice something. For some time now ( Can't give an exact date as I only just realized) my computer never does all that boot stuff when opening. As in I don't see the msi logo for my motherboard, I don't see a windows loading screen. Just blackness, then my lock page.

I tried to remove the CMOS battery and wait for the power to exit the motherboard before putting it back in - no luck

I tried to Enable Virtualisation using BCDedit -bcdedit won't open, I just see a window dissapear when I run it.

I'm considering a BIOS flashback, as my motherboard supports it but don't want to lose any data and am wondering if that could be dangerous

My motherboard is a MSI A-PRO B450, my cpu a ryzen 2600 and gpu a 1080ti

3 minutes ago, Crow_ said:

tried to remove the CMOS battery and wait for the power to exit the motherboard before putting it back in - no luck

You need to remove it for 1-5 minutes other wise it won't work 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

You didn't wait long enough to clear the BIOS - Just seeing the lights go out isn't long enough to properly clear it, the battery has to be left out for at least a minute or more and also be sure ALL POWER to the system is cut off as in unplug the machine from the wall or use the PSU switch.

After that, reinsert the battery first, plug it back in the wall/switch the PSU back on and you should be OK.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.