mobile pc

hey guys there is  build that I would like to try and do, Im currently in high school but I would like to try it anyways. it is a mobile pc similler to the ufo concept that Alienware has built. my version would be a standered pc the size and shape of a switch. im looking to have a core i9 9900k and a 2080ti (over clocking compatable) and have a couple of usb ports with a usb c for vr and hdmi port. this way it would be able to play just about any game anywhere. what are your guys opinions on this. I have asked this to a couple of my teachers and they said that they would be interested in this. feedback is important on this.

Its not going to happen. You wouldn't be able to cool a computer with a 9900k that is the size of a switch. Your best bet would be a r5 3600 with something like the dancase a4 sfx. People put 9900k's in those but they require undervolting and limiting the boost. Why wouldn't you just get a gaming laptop like the Asus zephyrus g14?  

because. some people might not want a gaming laptop. and besides it would be interesting to see something like this being made. also dell-alienwear did a concept built of this idea as well.

Probably the best you could do is a modified Asrock A300 with a screen and battery strapped onto it. High end PC components generate way too much heat and take way too much power to have in the size of a switch. If you could get mobile variants of components you could get something a bit better but then you'd have to make custom motherboard which would cost probably in the hundred thousands.

darpyface tht is a interesting suggestion but I would also like a touch screen as well. but then again something like this is currently only a concept. but I would also like it in the similar profile of a switch (the width). but I will take into account you suggestion.

Why not one of those vr backpack PCs and you could connect a portable monitor to it. Some even come with stations to make them desktops when not in backpack form.

Edited by zeusthemoose

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

hmm interesting. but can it be handheld like a switch?

27 minutes ago, funtime_foxy45 said:

hmm interesting. but can it be handheld like a switch?

You could probably hold it but not play on it while holding it. But no pc will do that because of the controls. If you want something like how the switch can on the stand and you use the joy cons, you could probably connect a controller and it would be possible.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

honestly I would like some feedback from the lttmg what do you guys think?

3 hours ago, funtime_foxy45 said:

honestly I would like some feedback from the lttmg what do you guys think?

they are not gonna respond i would take advice from people on this forum. Most people know what they are talking about. Ltt has done loads of vids on smaller PCs so go watch some of them to see what they have to say on very small form factor PCs. 

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃