Crysis crashing on new PC

Hi guys,

I completed the build of my first ever gaming PC last month by upgrading my GPU. I already had some games on my PC from steam and some DVDs. But the first one I decided to try was the original Crysis to experience how great was this which inspired the famous ' Can it Run Crysis memes'. I downloaded it from steam and it outright refused to even load to the menu or the other EA or Nvidia logos. When I click play in steam I see a black screen for a second and it closes. I tried to run the exe file in different windows comparability mode but nothing works. My PC specs are;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 running at stock speed.

RAM: 2*8GB DDR4 at 3200mhz.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant)

The game is installed on a 240 GB SSD.

Other games are running fine and I am running the latest Nvidia Game ready driver. I have also run blender benchmarks without any problems. It's only Crysis refusing to even load to the menu. Please help me out guys I desperately want to experience Crysis.

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis

You might need to run a patched version of CrySystem.dll, maybe? Crysis is a fairly old game and could have some issues running on modern hardware. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis

You might need to run a patched version of CrySystem.dll, maybe? Crysis is a fairly old game and could have some issues running on modern hardware. 

Thanks bro I'll try the fix tomorrow and see if it helps. And I'm using the steam version downloaded last month so shouldn't steam be more responsible and fix the issues it's their responsibility. 

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

6 minutes ago, vinit6694skr said:

Thanks bro I'll try the fix tomorrow and see if it helps. And I'm using the steam version downloaded last month so shouldn't steam be more responsible and fix the issues it's their responsibility. 

Valve doesn't usually mess with games outside of requiring them to launch through Steam. If a game doesn't work properly on some configurations, that's on the developers of the game. Crytek hasn't maintained Crysis for, at least, a decade now, but at least it's hardly something annoying to mess with.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.