Thoughts on this build

Hello

This is my first time choosing parts for an actual PC, and I want opinions on what to keep and what to change.

Few notes tho: my max budget limit is around 1300$ (not a lot I know), so please keep that in mind 😅, also, I already have the RX 580 card, so can't change that, but it's not the main card for me, it's only temporary until the new cards from either companies comes out. No prefrence for ram but my buddy has the same ones "G.skill trident z neo" so he recommended that, I'd like to know tho if I'll be able to run the 3600 MHz ones as I heard the 3700x only supports 3200 MHz, I only went with the Gigabyte M.2 SSD because it's cheaper where I live, but will pickup a Samsung in the future, the PSU is about the cheapest Fully modular gold PSU (that is from a well known brand) I could find (again I'm limited in options a bit), lastly the case is good for airflow and looks good of course and it's from a well known brand as well.

I'll leave a PC Part Picker list for the build so it'll be easier to check the parts.

Thanks in advance

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/omaroofshady/saved/BddTJx

If the link won't open or something, I'll leave a snapshot attached here.

Screenshot_44.png

Are you getting that case in particular because you like it? It's super expensive.

You'd be able to run the 3600 CL16 Trident Z neo on a 3700x. It runs perfectly fine on my 2700X.

Also, what country are you based as others might be able to find better/cheaper options on some other stuff for you.

Another thing. B550 boards are out in a couple of weeks, which may be more sensibly priced than the X570s.

14 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Are you getting that case in particular because you like it? It's super expensive.

You'd be able to run the 3600 CL16 Trident Z neo on a 3700x. It runs perfectly fine on my 2700X.

Also, what country are you based as others might be able to find better/cheaper options on some other stuff for you.

Another thing. B550 boards are out in a couple of weeks, which may be more sensibly priced than the X570s.

Tbh, yes that is one of the reasons, but also the pre-installed fans will save the same money if I were to get something like the Gigabyte c200g, which is great of course, but I want great cooling as I live in a country with high degrees and can't really get that liquid cooling stuff right now.

It's great to hear that the RAM will run! 

I'm from Egypt btw, so I hope there are some Egyptian bros here 😅

As for the B550 MB, guess I'll just have to wait to see how much it''ll be here, thing is, the build isn't final and I'm aiming to buy in the next 2-3 months, so the b550 could very well be a good option then.

SSD 512gb for 119$? You can get 1tb for the same price if you use Crucial P1.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

SSD 512gb for 119$? You can get 1tb for the same price if you use Crucial P1.

Wow, didn't know that, will surely take it in consideration!

Crucial is second best brand after samsung in terms of reputation in ssd.

Not the best performer, but surely best bang for the buck.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($114.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($128.99 @ Dell) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $977.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-02 10:39 EDT-0400

Not sure what shipping is like, and I've left some stuff in there for now, realise you like the case but you're missing out on better performance by spending the extra money on that one. Also, I realise you might not be able to get all of these in Egypt, or they might not be cheap to import, but this should give you an idea of what you could easily get. Personally, I would wait a couple of weeks for B550 boards and grab one of those instead, they should be cheaper than the X570 ones, at least by $30-50, I suspect in some cases. This should leave you with enough to be getting towards being able to include a 5700XT or a 2060 Super if you would prefer. Alternatively, a 5700 or 2060 and a liquid cooler or higher end air cooler than the stock cooler the CPU comes with for around your $1300.00 limit or there abouts..

2 minutes ago, IntMD said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($114.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($128.99 @ Dell) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $977.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-02 10:39 EDT-0400

Not sure what shipping is like, and I've left some stuff in there for now, realise you like the case but you're missing out on better performance by spending the extra money on that one. Also, I realise you might not be able to get all of these in Egypt, or they might not be cheap to import, but this should give you an idea of what you could easily get. Personally, I would wait a couple of weeks for B550 boards and grab one of those instead, they should be cheaper than the X570 ones, at least by $30-50, I suspect in some cases. This should leave you with enough to be getting towards being able to include a 5700XT or a 2060 Super if you would prefer. Alternatively, a 5700 or 2060 and a liquid cooler or higher end air cooler than the stock cooler the CPU comes with for around your $1300.00 limit or there abouts..

Thanks a lot for going the extra mile with this!

I'm waiting already for the money to come in so I might switch to B550 as you're saying.

Thanks again!