Help with Windows 10 Installation

kevilogical

I recently built a new PC and I purchased a Windows 10 Home 64-bit product key. After booting up Windows from my motherboard's BIOS screen (ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E), I followed all the on-screen instructions for installation. When the installation was completed, I was prompted to restart in order for the installation to continue. After a few times (around 5-7) of restarting and reinstalling Windows 10, I began to suspect that something was wrong. A friend of mine told me that this was common, and that his personal rig had restarted around four times before working. However, I have been in this restarting loop for around 30 minutes, and all tutorials and walkthroughs on YouTube tell me that it should only restart 1-2 times. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my dilemma.

What did you use for the Windows installation?  Did you use the Windows Media Creation Tool and a USB thumb drive?

There is for sure an issue with the boot cycle you are describing but it shouldnt be a big deal. I would recommend you make a fresh bootable usb using the windows 10 media tool(lots of tuts out there) found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 .

Once you make the usb go in the bios and boot off that to enter the installation. I also recommend once prompted to pick the drive you want to install on you delete any existing partitions from the previous install attempt (be careful here if you have any existing data attached to the pc you dont want to lose).

After the first restart, it should boot from the drive that Windows was installed to. If that doesn't happen, you can just yank out the flash drive before it posts, or go into the BIOS and change the boot order to the target drive. That's always worked for me.