Do I need better cooling for my Ryzen 5 3600 build?

Budget (including currency): I've already purchased everything apart from a CPU cooler - which I'd be happy to spend up to/around £50 on.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming (would also like to try game streaming, which I've never done before)

Other details: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, ASUS TUF GAMING x570-Plus ATX AM4 motherboard, MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GAMING X Video Card, SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Modular PSU, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (OS), Crucial MX500 1TB SSD (games), Corsair Carbide Series 275R Case

So this is my first Ryzen build (upgrading from an Intel i7 4770k) which I have all of the above parts for (the SSDs are from my current build). The one thing I haven't decided on yet is a CPU cooler, because I'm not sure how much I definitely need one.

My current 4770k is getting noisy at stock speeds and hitting the mid 80s (celsius) when playing more demanding games - I've never overclocked it and have only ever used the stock cooler ( did re-apply the thermal paste recently) .I don't intend to overclock the Ryzen 3600 (it doesn't seem like there is much point?), and would like it to run quiet.

I've seen a lot of people giving the stock Wraith Stealth cooler that comes with the 3600 a lot of grief, saying it is no good and temps get too high - but is this only because the kind of people reviewing it are also overclocking? I've also seen some people saying that the Stealth cooler is perfectly fine if you aren't overclocking, and temps and noise are reasonable.

I've had my eye on the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo and the Cooler Master Evo 212 Black Edition as potential aftermarket coolers.

What are you guys doing? What do you recommend?

Stock coolers will keep you at safe temps at stock speeds. You won't run cold, and you won't run quiet.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

i personally overclocked my 3600 to 4.2ghz using a GIGABYTE ATC800 cooler and my temps while gaming never pass 70 and my idle temps are 40-45 mostly low 40's and its not loud at all. but that cooler i think is way out of your budget i think so i wouldnt suggest that. buy a cooler if you are going to overclock. dont buy an aftermarket cooler if you wont overclock. its simple. the stock cooler did good for me at stock running quite but to be honest it did run hot when i played demanding games like RDR2 and assassins creed origins which both can make your cpu reach 80 degrees while gaming. if you arent happy with your temps while gaming i suggest then you get a better cooler but id also suggest you overclock even though you wouldnt really need it but youll have room for overclocking if you use an aftermarket cooler. if you decide to go for one try to go with something like the hyper212evo. although it isnt the best its still very good but if you really can i suggest you go for something like the gigabyte atc800 rgb or non rgb it wont matter same performance anyways.

Best.

33 minutes ago, ShiningLizard said:

Budget (including currency): I've already purchased everything apart from a CPU cooler - which I'd be happy to spend up to/around £50 on.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming (would also like to try game streaming, which I've never done before)

Other details: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, ASUS TUF GAMING x570-Plus ATX AM4 motherboard, MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GAMING X Video Card, SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Modular PSU, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (OS), Crucial MX500 1TB SSD (games), Corsair Carbide Series 275R Case

So this is my first Ryzen build (upgrading from an Intel i7 4770k) which I have all of the above parts for (the SSDs are from my current build). The one thing I haven't decided on yet is a CPU cooler, because I'm not sure how much I definitely need one.

My current 4770k is getting noisy at stock speeds and hitting the mid 80s (celsius) when playing more demanding games - I've never overclocked it and have only ever used the stock cooler ( did re-apply the thermal paste recently) .I don't intend to overclock the Ryzen 3600 (it doesn't seem like there is much point?), and would like it to run quiet.

I've seen a lot of people giving the stock Wraith Stealth cooler that comes with the 3600 a lot of grief, saying it is no good and temps get too high - but is this only because the kind of people reviewing it are also overclocking? I've also seen some people saying that the Stealth cooler is perfectly fine if you aren't overclocking, and temps and noise are reasonable.

I've had my eye on the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo and the Cooler Master Evo 212 Black Edition as potential aftermarket coolers.

What are you guys doing? What do you recommend?

Even investing the 20 or 30 bucks on a Hyper 212 CPU cooler would be better than the stock one. Not that the stock one is bad, but its a little loud. It would do the trick just fine for a 3600 if you didnt want to spend the money on an aftermarket cooler.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB