Any Reason to Invest in an Xbox HD AV Pack?

PlayStation 2

Basically what the title says, I wanna look into the HD AV pack for the original Xbox (the Component box that Microsoft released for it), but I was curious if it really was more advantageous than cheaper options for Component cables, like a cheap pair I own right now, or maybe something like the Hyperkin HDMI cable for it. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I have the official MS component cable and can attest to how great it is. For one thing, it has a toslink port on it so you can get full 5.1 surround sound without having to do any soldering modifications to your XBox. It is extremely hefty and well built. It just has that high end feel to it. it is very durable as well. 

Is it better than those other off-brand component cables? I would say probably. I had to buy one of those cheap multi-system component cables for my PS2 because I needed one right away so I had to settle for what Wal-Mart had and they just feel so cheap. It also supported the XBox but I never did a comparison. The picture was fine for what I paid though.

I think it is really hit or miss with off-brand component cables, especially when buying random ones on eBay.

I'm sure the picture quality will be fine on some of them but with the official XBox cable you know you will get a good picture and the thing will last. Plus, it kind of completes the setup if you know what I mean. Just looking on eBay, they seem like they are getting harder to find and somewhat expensive. Glad I got mine back in the day when they were still fairly cheap. Still works like new to this day. So I'd jump on one on now. Bite the bullet and pay the somewhat high prices because these things will probably keep going up in value.