Need a gaming laptop for being on a submarine.

So currently in training for going on subs in the navy. I have a desktop I built myself but cant take that onto the sub with me for obvious reasons, and am I'm the market for a laptop.

I was looking at  the asus zephyrus s but I'm worried the weird keyboard layout might be a problem seeing as space is limited on a sub and I might not always have a flat surface to sit it on like a desk.

I was also looking at the asus mothership and alienware area 51m but I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much money on a laptop.

The main things I am looking for are

Close to desktop performance 

Decent battery life

And preferable have it take up as little space as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help

the problem with your 4 main points is that they are all in direct competition to each other and each of them would also increase the price.

you can not have good performance and good battery life, especially while gaming you will always need to be plugged in.

same for form factor, if you get something small the high performance will be hindered by lack of cooling.

the best compromise is probably something like a razer blade or similar size and price.

22 hours ago, Green_Pheonix said:

Close to desktop performance

Which CPU and GPU you're referring to? (to give a better idea)

22 hours ago, Green_Pheonix said:

Decent battery life

Min how many hours?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I guess I should have been a little more specific about the what I'm looking for. I don't really have a budget but 6 to 7 grand seems a little too steep. When it comes to the battery I don't intend to game unplugged by I won't always be able to be when on a sub so I want something with a decent amount of battery for when I'm doing non gaming tasks which would mainly be online trainings and watching video content and eventually online school once I have my qualifications. With the space issue space on a sub is limited and I don't want something that will need two power bricks like to one Acer I saw or need extra accessories to use comfortably.

My desktop at home has a 2080ti and i9 9900k and 4tb. I would like something comparable but with a decent amount of storage that I could even upgrade so I don't have to have so many external harddrive for my library since I won't have internet.

And thanks for your feedback so far.

The Zephyrus G14? The 4900HS is a pretty beast CPU and it has decent battery life. The only issue is it doesn't have a webcam built in.

6 hours ago, Green_Pheonix said:

decent amount of battery

min how many hours?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I was thinking of about 4-5 hours of video and music playing.

Razor Blade 15?

at the risk of sounding rude you’re going to have to get your expectations in check; cheap/thin/battery life/power is not something you get all of. You can easy get two, you might get 3. You’re going to have a lot of quality of life sacrifices on a sub, and getting 120fps on AAA titles in1440p is probably going to be another one.