What fan mount. Help pls

Hi. I’m working on my first build and I’m having a little trouble installing the aio I have. I can’t seem to get it to feel right, the hoses are too tight or too lose or won’t bend. I tried using the rear fan like they do in their installation video. My case is a Corsair 780t graphite with a Corsair h60 aio. At this point I don’t even care if the logo is sideways or upside down, I just want it to work and fit. My gpu also has a rad but the hoses are much longer so I don’t think that should be hard. What would be the best fan mount spots for the h60?

Idk if it matter but I have an evga s370 ftw Mobo. 

thanks!

just based off of what you have said here it seems hard to tell why it wouldn't fit to the rear exhaust fan mount.

Is it possible to get a pic with what youre seeing (mount the radiator and hold the block up or vice versa)

The distance between the socket and the back of the case should be close enough to the same on almost all motherboards. I also don't think the 780t is wider than any other cases.

Yeah, what @matt0725 said.

“feel” doesn’t help us much.  Not that it’s not necessarily real, but it’s not very communicative.  We might be able to do something with pics.  I’m getting the feeling, for example, that something is being missed here and a pic might expose it

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah, what @matt0725 said.

“feel” doesn’t help us much.  Not that it’s not necessarily real, but it’s not very communicative.  We might be able to do something with pics.  I’m getting the feeling, for example, that something is being missed here and a pic might expose it

Is it ok for the pipe to be bent this much?

595B96C7-BBDE-4738-BA10-814016E11B7B.jpeg

25 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

just based off of what you have said here it seems hard to tell why it wouldn't fit to the rear exhaust fan mount.

Is it possible to get a pic with what youre seeing (mount the radiator and hold the block up or vice versa)

The distance between the socket and the back of the case should be close enough to the same on almost all motherboards. I also don't think the 780t is wider than any other cases.

Gonna mount the fan and rad and get a better pic

Wow.  Those are some big ass hoses. Very old school. AIOs often have thinner stuff these days.  Is the cooler old?  The do look a bit tight.  Shouldn’t matter though as long as they don’t kink.

im assuming there’s some bracket or other the pump/cool plate attaches to when you replace the air cooler with it.  You mentioned some sort of attachment problem with the radiators and fan?

just saw the question on the pic.  If by pipe you mean hoses, yes.  As long as they don’t kink you’re fine.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yeah that looks like it should fit just fine so far. As long as the hoses aren't being pulled tight, or bent so tight on a turn that they kink, you are in the clear

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wow.  Those are some big ass hoses. Very old school. AIOs often have thinner stuff these days.  Is the cooler old?  The do look a bit tight.  Shouldn’t matter though as long as they don’t kink.

im assuming there’s some bracket or other the pump/cool plate attaches to when you replace the air cooler with it.  You mentioned some sort of attachment problem with the radiators and fan?

just saw the question on the pic.  If by pipe you mean hoses, yes.  As long as they don’t kink you’re fine.

I bought the case back in spring of 2018 and the cooler came with it. The only thing I was worried about was the hose and the tension on the cpu mounting bracket. I don’t want to make it so bad that it ends up tearing the socket or something. If that can happen. I’ll post a pic when I’m done and maybe you can give it a thumbs up? Should be done by 20 min. 

2 minutes ago, Greatestfoe said:

I bought the case back in spring of 2018 and the cooler came with it. The only thing I was worried about was the hose and the tension on the cpu mounting bracket. I don’t want to make it so bad that it ends up tearing the socket or something. If that can happen. I’ll post a pic when I’m done and maybe you can give it a thumbs up? Should be done by 20 min. 

Intel has a square bracket, so you can point this hose connectors in any of four directions to make the run shorter if that helps.

31 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Intel has a square bracket, so you can point this hose connectors in any of four directions to make the run shorter if that helps.

So you think this looks good?

image.jpg

1 hour ago, matt0725 said:

Yeah that looks like it should fit just fine so far. As long as the hoses aren't being pulled tight, or bent so tight on a turn that they kink, you are in the clear

Would you mind looking at the pic I uploaded and let me know if you see any issues 

So you think this looks good?

image.jpg

Not seeing any kinks.  You seem to have eaten your #1 ram slot, but if you’re not going to use it anyway and the hose isn’t pushing on the ram in your #2 slot I don’t see a problem.  Not sure how the radiator is attached.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Not seeing any kinks.  You seem to have eaten your #1 ram slot, but if you’re not going to use it anyway and the hose isn’t pushing on the ram in your #2 slot I don’t see a problem.  Not sure how the radiator is attached.

Yea, I think I’m good with 2x8 ram. Maybe I’ll look for another cooler or better way later. 
radiator is connected via the fan. Unless u want a pic?

Just now, Greatestfoe said:

Yea, I think I’m good with 2x8 ram. Maybe I’ll look for another cooler or better way later. 

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Greatestfoe said:

Nah.  As long as it doesn’t rattle when the fan spins you’re likely fine.  Little 120mm AIOs like that arent used on CPUs much anymore except in special circumstances but ive seem a few of em on GPUs.  If you change the cooler out the standard move is to get an AIO gpu bracket, which usually requires a round pum/cold plate head, or rig  something up with zip ties to hold the cooler on and add a fan for the VRM.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Nah.  As long as it doesn’t rattle when the fan spins you’re likely fine.  Little 120mm AIOs like that arent used on CPUs much anymore except in special circumstances but ive seem a few of em on GPUs.  If you change the cooler out the standard move is to get an AIO gpu bracket, which usually requires a round pum/cold plate head, or rig  something up with zip ties to hold the cooler on and add a fan for the VRM.

Are 120s just not good on rads? Corsair says it’s a high performance fan especially for rads. I saw an evga clc cooler. Looks like they have 120s and 140s even double 140s. It might go nicely with my evga mobo, gpu and psu. Any other suggestions or just what u mentioned above?

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I was also looking at the noctua df 15 but that thing is huge. I only got an i5 9600k so I shouldn’t need any to extreme for now. Maybe upgrade down the road to i7 but they’ll have the 10th gen out soon and I’ll need a new mobo 

I was also looking at the noctua df 15 but that thing is huge. I only got an i5 9600k so I shouldn’t need any to extreme for now. Maybe upgrade down the road to i7 but they’ll have the 10th gen out soon and I’ll need a new mobo 

It’s a big girl alright.  Won’t even fit in a lot of cases.  What you got will do what you need done.  There’s a lot to be said for “I already got one”