Windows 10 Update Error

AlexanderG

Hello! I had an Office update on the night of the 11th of May and since then, my computer no longer detects updates. It gives me an error message, which can be seen below. I have tried restarting the machine several times, and have run the troubleshooter at least 5 times, but none of these fixed the issue. What could I do to get updates?1218872930_updateerror.PNG.cfd80c7386991e9d49ad70a8bac8dbca.PNG

My usual recommendation, create an install media with the latest version of windows and reinstall windows. You can attempt to remove the broken updates as well as clear the cache but if something already broke, fixing it takes more time than reinstalling windows.

In this case, I suggest you to start your computer in safemode and then rename the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution to softwareDistribution.old then reboot your computer in normal mode and try to update your windows once more.

If this doesn't work then you can try Windows Update troubleshooter which is already inbuilt in the PC. Please keep me updated.

On 5/23/2020 at 4:03 PM, Applefreak said:

My usual recommendation, create an install media with the latest version of windows and reinstall windows. You can attempt to remove the broken updates as well as clear the cache but if something already broke, fixing it takes more time than reinstalling windows.

And it will be always faster - for you. Because your "universal fix" for everything is reinstalling Windows.

People who learn how to actually fix problems, needs much less time later, when the same problems appears again.

@F1PlayBG: do you use any firewall maybe? or AV with firewall? Or did you used any tuneup tools like OO ShutUp 10 before? Or any other tools that change some system settings? I know few solutions, but all of them depeneds on informations you must provide.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 1:34 PM, homeap5 said:

do you use any firewall maybe? or AV with firewall? Or did you used any tuneup tools like OO ShutUp 10 before? Or any other tools that change some system settings? I know few solutions, but all of them depeneds on informations you must provide.

Sorry for not responding for so long. I use the default Windows Defender Firewall and I don't use any tuneup tools, nor ones that change system settings.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, F1PlayBG said:

Sorry for not responding for so long. I use the default Windows Defender Firewall and I don't use any tuneup tools, nor ones that change system settings.

Did you try 'Windows Update troubleshooter' ?