Set up Ryzen 5 Pro to run low power like Ryzen Pro 5 GE?

I have a Ryzen 5 Pro G and wish to know if it can be set up to use less power like a Ryzen 5 Pro GE.

This is to reduce the power bill if I leave the computer running as a file server.

The motherboard is a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac.

It already has a Ryzen 3 Pro GE on it but I don't know if it'll be enough to run video games every now and then.

If its running idle as a file server, there isn't much you can do. C states will already turn the cpu off, and undervolting won't help much either. The cpu alone at idle is going to be sub 5w. Lots more power is used by things like drives, psu, ram, other things on the motherboard, gpu. Remove all the extra parts you can.

You can lower tdp, but it won't help, as its not running anywhere near the power limit when in use as a fileserver.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If its running idle as a file server, there isn't much you can do. C states will already turn the cpu off, and undervolting won't help much either. The cpu alone at idle is going to be sub 5w. Lots more power is used by things like drives, psu, ram, other things on the motherboard, gpu. Remove all the extra parts you can.

You can lower tdp, but it won't help, as its not running anywhere near the power limit when in use as a fileserver.

Ok that clarifies things.

It sounds like a GE processor is mostly useful when a computer is doing something intensive.

Just now, GreenDream said:

Ok that clarifies things.

It sounds like a GE processor is mostly useful when a computer is doing something intensive.

It just limits tdp for systems with limited cooling or power. The idle power is about the same.