Finally found something acceptable

Hello everyone, it's still me. I change my config again (yeah, for the third time). This is the new one:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 4GB

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

PSU: Corsair TX 550M

Case: Aerocool Aero 500

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 2400 MHz

SSD: Crucial BX500 120 GB (for Windows)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 2.5 (for data)

Monitor: AOC G2590PX

Keyboard: Trust Classicline

The RAM and the Monitor are completely free thanks to friends, so i won't change it. About the RAM, is possible to overclock it (at least 3000 MHz) with A-XMP?

Also, i wanted to change the PSU (too much oversiezed and overprized for my configuration), the case (i like it but i can't even install an ODD) and the SSD (not NVMe M.2, just a simple SSD, but with more quality and a size of 256 GB without raise the price too much).

Finally, the new Mobo B550s are coming out and by the end of the year the new Ryzen 4000 will be presented, so would you recommend me to do this PC now or wait for a cut of prize in the future (and eventually change the Mobo with a B550)? Thanks to everyone for the patience, i'm a noob 🙂

I would spend less on a processor unless you are using this build for more CPU heavy tasks. In budget builds you typically want to spend more on the graphics cards. I am assuming this is mainly for gaming. Do you have a bugdet? Edit would also go for the tomahawk MAX board.

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

4 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

I would spend less on a processor unless you are using this build for more CPU heavy tasks. In budget builds you typically want to spend more on the graphics cards. I am assuming this is mainly for gaming. Do you have a bugdet? 

Yes, about €630 (i live in Italy), so i should take a 3600 with GTX 1650S? If yes, is Inno3D a good producer for this GPU?

I wanted to take a 3600X beacuse it has the integrated cooler, so i wouldn't have spend for it.

For mainly gaming, use a Ryzen 3100 or 3300 cpu, there is little benefit to go with the hexacore variant unless you also do a lot of production work on the side. That way you can save 40€ for a better graphics card or something else. Also, unless you already have the 2400 Mhz ram, I'd get a faster pair at 3200 Mhz. Ram prices are pretty low at the moment and the extra speed is not that much more expensive.

Dont change the PSU. Its not highly overpowered and leaves some room for an eventual upgrade in the future.
As already stated here

13 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

I would spend less on a processor unless you are using this build for more CPU heavy tasks. In budget builds you typically want to spend more on the graphics cards. I am assuming this is mainly for gaming. Do you have a bugdet? 

you may want to change the 3600X for an 3300X or even 3100 if you are on a budget. The 3300x is a capable 8 Thread CPU, i just build a PC for my dad with it and im amazed what this CPU is capable off. You can spend those savings in a better GPU if you are mainly gaming.
Also dont bother wasting money on another SSD if yours is running fine. 120GB is enough to fit an OS + several applications on it. Upgrade if you have some spare money.

Regarding the B550 Mainboard: if you dont really need PCIe Gen4 (which i doubt reading your first post) theres no sense going for an B550 if you can have a good B450 for much less. Just get a solid B450 Board and youll be fine.

Regarding RAM: i have absolutely no clue. Just give it a shot. But since you got it for free i would use it for now.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

For mainly gaming, use a Ryzen 3100 or 3300 cpu, there is little benefit to go with the hexacore variant unless you also do a lot of production work on the side. That way you can save 40€ for a better graphics card or something else. Also, unless you already have the 2400 Mhz ram, I'd get a faster pair at 3200 Mhz. Ram prices are pretty low at the moment and the extra speed is not that much more expensive.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the RAM is completely free and i will spend more than €80 if i will be, so i will take these. Do you know if i can increase the frequence in the XMP?

1 minute ago, Stuttgart said:

Dont change the PSU. Its not highly overpowered and leaves some room for an eventual upgrade in the future.
As already stated here

you may want to change the 3600X for an 3300X or even 3100 if you are on a budget. The 3300x is a capable 8 Thread CPU, i just build a PC for my dad with it and im amazed what this CPU is capable off. You can spend those savings in a better GPU if you are mainly gaming.
Also dont bother wasting money on another SSD if yours is running fine. 120GB is enough to fit an OS + several applications on it. Upgrade if you have some spare money.

Regarding the B550 Mainboard: if you dont really need PCIe Gen4 (which i doubt reading your first post) theres no sense going for an B550 if you can have a good B450 for much less. Just get a solid B450 Board and youll be fine.

Regarding RAM: i have absolutely no clue. Just give it a shot.

Thank you, i had neve considered less powerful CPUs like 3100/3300, i'll take a look. I don't know the SSD performance because i don't have it. I don't need PCIe Gen4, so i'll take a B450

10 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

I wanted to take a 3600X beacuse it has the integrated cooler, so i wouldn't have spend for it.

The Ryzen 5 3600 and the Ryzen 3300X come with a CPU cooler as well.  

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

The Ryzen 5 3600 and the Ryzen 3300X come with a CPU cooler as well.  

Oh, so i was wrong. Thank you

3 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

3100 aswell.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

2 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

Yes they come with the Wraith stealth cooler.   I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and used the included wraith stealth cooler.  It does work to keep the CPU cool but can be noisy if your PC sits right next to you like mine does.  At least my wraith stealth cooler did.   I eventually bought a 3rd party CPU cooler to reduce noise.

21 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Yes they come with the Wraith stealth cooler.   I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and used the included wraith stealth cooler.  It does work to keep the CPU cool but can be noisy if your PC sits right next to you like mine does.  At least my wraith stealth cooler did.   I eventually bought a 3rd party CPU cooler to reduce noise.

Ok, yeah i have only one desk available and the case is on my bottom left, enough near to me. How much a decent cooler costs?

2 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

Ok, yeah i have only one desk available and the case is on my bottom left, enough near to me. How much a decent cooler costs?

Try out the wraith stealth cooler first.   If the noise doesn't bother you then you don't need to spend the extra money.

Sorry but I do not know pricing in your location but in the US, anywhere from 25-50 bucks generally.  I used an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo - really nice CPU cooler.   There are quite a few others that will work just fine as well.  I only have experience with the Arctic so I would not be the best person to provide budget CPU cooler advice.

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

Try out the wraith stealth cooler first.   If the noise doesn't bother you then you don't need to spend the extra money.

Sorry but I do not know pricing in your location but in the US, anywhere from 25-50 bucks generally.  I used an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo - really nice CPU cooler.   There are quite a few others that will work just fine as well.  I only have experience with the Arctic so I would not be the best person to provide budget CPU cooler advice.

I live in Italy and i checked the prize, your cooler it's about €30/40 euros. I will check the noise before byuing one. Thank you.