LED fans for an H100i?

Makaseo
Go to solution Solved by delanyinspiron6400,

I have 14 Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans in my system and they are quite nice, but I run them at 5V most of the time, so they are really quiet!

I wouldn't say that they compare to the Noctuas out there, when it comes to SP, but they look really nice and perform pretty good, just not exceptional! ;)

Recently watched TTL's Air 540 build, and saw that he had AF120 LED's on his H100i to throw some light into the case. Got me interested.

I considered just getting LED strip lighting, but I'm not looking for a bright interior, just slightly visible. I thought that having two LED fans at the top would be good enough with a nice effect.

I realize that AF fans aren't the best for a radiator, but how much difference does it actually make? I also tried looking for LED fans with good pressure, but couldn't come to a conclusion by just reading forums. Opinions seem to be all over the place. Are there any good ones with white or pink/purple LEDs?

Thanks!

you can change the brightness of a led strip with a controller 

Any suggestions?

I just bought 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans for my h100i. they aren't here yet so I can't comment on performance but most reviews I read were extremely positive. one of the few static pressure fans with an LED that I could find. could also check our silverstone air penetrators

I have 14 Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans in my system and they are quite nice, but I run them at 5V most of the time, so they are really quiet!

I wouldn't say that they compare to the Noctuas out there, when it comes to SP, but they look really nice and perform pretty good, just not exceptional! ;)

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

I just bought 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans for my h100i. they aren't here yet so I can't comment on performance but most reviews I read were extremely positive. one of the few static pressure fans with an LED that I could find. could also check our silverstone air penetrators

I'll definitely take a look at the Bitfenix fans, thanks!