Audio Start Delay

shinegull

sometimes when I start any audio, from youtube or music, etc. there is a delay in when it starts. somewhere between 1 to 5 seconds roughly.

Im not sure if it makes a difference but Audio is coming from soundbar which is connected to gpu.

Soundbar is a Samsung MS650. GPU is an Asus Strix 1070 OC. It is connected via hdmi cable. I've tried changing the hdmi slot its plugged into on the GPU, and have replaced it with a different hdmi cable.

Previously I had the soundbar connected to motherboard via an optical cable, a TOSLINK (I think thats whats its called).

It was a cable that had a little red light on it coming from the motherboard.

My question is , how do i prevent that delay from popping up again?

is it possible the soundbar is on sleep which cause the delay at first ?

2 minutes ago, chen57 said:

is it possible the soundbar is on sleep which cause the delay at first ?

Im not sure honestly. how do i know it is on sleep?

Also just found out that, when i go into display settings, it seems to consider the soundbar as a second screen?

Currently, my monitor and soundbar is connected via hdmi to gpu. Somehow the soundbar is detected as a monitor and not as a soundbar. Meaning it does not transmit audio. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Probably the soundbar is entering a power saving mode until it detects an audio stream.  

3 minutes ago, shinegull said:

Currently, my monitor and soundbar is connected via hdmi to gpu. Somehow the soundbar is detected as a monitor and not as a soundbar. Meaning it does not transmit audio. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

If you're connected through HDMI, Windows is going to "detect" it as a video device. Windows can't "see" the display connected to the output of the soundbar. Any HDMI device should also show up as an audio output device as well in the sound control panel.

1 hour ago, ShearMe said:

Probably the soundbar is entering a power saving mode until it detects an audio stream.  

If you're connected through HDMI, Windows is going to "detect" it as a video device. Windows can't "see" the display connected to the output of the soundbar. Any HDMI device should also show up as an audio output device as well in the sound control panel.

It did at the start. Then when i went away. the soundbar turned off, and when i came back, it had disconnected itself and my pc has been unable to detect it as anything but a second monitor. I tried connecting it via hdmi on the motherboard but there was no reaction. I've also heard somewhere that Nvidia gpu may not support soundbars or something.

The only thing I haven't tried is a displayport to hdmi, but i dont exactly have one of those cables handy...