Thin Vertical green and purple lines on screen

DHproblems
Go to solution Solved by blu4,
On 5/21/2020 at 2:19 AM, DHproblems said:

How can i check if it's the GPU hardware thats causing the problem or if it's the compatibility of the GPU driver to something?

I have not seen a driver issue cause anything like this before but maybe that is a thing?

from the years ive been in the PC world when I see this its either a cable thats not plugged in all the way/damaged or the GPU is towards the end of its life.

You said you hooked up the to MOBO and had no isses so thats a big sign too. Ypou tried another cord and that's another big flag. If you really think its not the GPU put the GPU in another system and test it. But I really do think its the card that needs to be fixed/replaced.

If your card is under warranty send it in. If you bought it second had off I feel for you.

And next time please quote so we can see you replied to use, I just deiced to look back at this post and saw you replied.

I have a problem where there are thin lines across my screen they sometimes disappear then reappear when i move an application window on top of it. i have tried updating the GPU (NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER aorus) driver and reinstalling it with Geforce experience. Also when i switch from using the HDMI port on the GPU to the Motherboard it works just fine showing that the CPU graphics is fine. I have replaced the HDMI cable and switched ports on the GPU and Monitor which still didnt fix it. HELP!!!! and almost forgot when i enter the bios the lines dont show.

20200520_191019.jpg

20200520_202357.jpg

20200520_202400.jpg

20200520_190329.jpg

How can i check if it's the GPU hardware thats causing the problem or if it's the compatibility of the GPU driver to something?

On 5/21/2020 at 2:19 AM, DHproblems said:

I have not seen a driver issue cause anything like this before but maybe that is a thing?

from the years ive been in the PC world when I see this its either a cable thats not plugged in all the way/damaged or the GPU is towards the end of its life.

You said you hooked up the to MOBO and had no isses so thats a big sign too. Ypou tried another cord and that's another big flag. If you really think its not the GPU put the GPU in another system and test it. But I really do think its the card that needs to be fixed/replaced.

If your card is under warranty send it in. If you bought it second had off I feel for you.

And next time please quote so we can see you replied to use, I just deiced to look back at this post and saw you replied.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/