Issues Running Games

aWhiteKorean

Hey, I am having issues running many different games that, given their respective system requirements, I should have no trouble running. Very frustrating.

• League of Legends: Game will often freeze, not allowing me to alt+tab nor alt+f4. Game will not close unless I restart my computer. 
    • Game disconnects me at the start of 90% of games, no trouble reconnecting. A speed test shows I receive 100 down and 10 up (spectrum rly bad tho :( )
    • NOTE: after the game freezes, if I restart my computer, and reload in, 90% of the time, my game will work fine after
    • NOTE: after I reconnect, game does not disconnect me, and I have average ping.
  • Minecraft: Game will sometimes have gaps where I see the void (as in the blocks not loading)
    • Game will crash after around 15 minutes playing (yes I have adjusted settings), I do not know how to read crash reports, however, one time it said there was no dump file, but despite creating one in the task manager, game still crashed.
  • Maplestory: yes. somehow having issues. Game will not load into its default resolution, instead just loads as a small window (so basically it is unable to force my monitor to change resolution); can change in settings, but noted anyways.
    • Game now will not load at all, instead just gives "Not Responding"
  • Halo MCC: sometimes I receive a fatal error and game crashes.
  • Call of Duty Warzone: wouldnt run.
  • Valorant: works fine
  • CSGO: works fine

Yes I have tried creating support tickets from the game developers, however, I have not been able to receive advice that helped at all. I am pretty comfortable with tech usually, however, my computer has produced similar issues ever since I built it in 2018, so I am reaching out to whoever reads this because I'm sure you're much more knowledgeable than me.

I'm sorry if I have not provided adequate information, this is because I have tried fixing things, but since nothing has worked, I have no clue where to even begin anymore. 

Please ask me questions and work with me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If it's easier, we can communicate via discord!

PC:

CPU Ryzen 5 1400

MoBo MSI B450 Tomahawk

GPU EVGA GTX 1050ti

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8 GB

Storage SanDisk 120GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB

PSU EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze

* I have Webroot antivirus installed. If this is an issue (maybe perms or firewalls), I can only disable or change settings, I am not allowed to remove the program. 

I am aware my specs aren't anything special. I change my game settings accordingly. Trust me.. wish I had better haha

I also want to fix these issues asap so I can comfortably upgrade my PC. I don't want to buy new parts unless I know for sure that all my current components are working properly. 

Also, I previously had a different motherboard that caused booting issues, so I exchanged it for a new one 5 months ago. (so had off and on mobo issues for a couple years)

its a breath of fresh air to see a properly compiled post instead of a wall of effing text.

anyway, intermittent freezes strikes me of dying hard drive, either bad sector or just end of life failure. try unplug the hard drive (data and power) and boot again, run a vs ai game in lol and idling for awhile and see if problem persists.

if you are running windows 10, you probably dont need another antivirus program, uninstall it. windows defender is mighty powerful and generally very little impact on daily ops.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

13 hours ago, zassou said:

its a breath of fresh air to see a properly compiled post instead of a wall of effing text.

anyway, intermittent freezes strikes me of dying hard drive, either bad sector or just end of life failure. try unplug the hard drive (data and power) and boot again, run a vs ai game in lol and idling for awhile and see if problem persists.

if you are running windows 10, you probably dont need another antivirus program, uninstall it. windows defender is mighty powerful and generally very little impact on daily ops.

sorry was busy all day, thanks for the reply! i think it could very well be a failing hard drive, since my HDD is actually taken from a pretty old PC.. however, the SSD is 3 years old, which is the drive I have my league on. However, I will give this a shot.

*re-reading your response, are you saying that despite most of the game issues being on the SSD, the HDD can still affect it? 

also, I would love to try to convince my family for the nth time again that windows 10 is more than adequate especially since we don't use any sketchy sites, however, ultimately I think I will have to adhere to their authority on it :(

ps: lol i tried to properly format the post given the fact that I didnt provide much info anyways, so the least I could do is make it readable haha

I unplugged the HDD and kept the SSD in (has windows and League), but it seems I now freeze every game.