WIll this work?

I have an Odense 2k Motherboard from the hp system 580-023w and Im planning to upgrade to an i3 9100f . The sockets on both are lga 1151. but the motherboard is an h170 chipset but this website said h170 motherboard wont support the i3 9100f, just asking for a second opinion

H170 is a 100 series chipset. 100 and 200 series chipsets can only work with 6th and 7th gen CPUs (like the i5-6600, the i7-7700, etc.)

Your 9th gen CPU, the 9100F, will not work. It will only work with 300 series chipsets, like the B360, H310, Z390, etc. which can only be used with 8th and 9th gen CPUs.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

No. It won't. Just to double check, what's ur current CPU

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

H170 is a 100 series chipset. 100 and 200 series chipsets can only work with 6th and 7th gen CPUs (like the i5-6600, the i7-7700, etc.)

@hectrr Its likely even 7th gen CPUs will not work in OEM motherboards without a bios update that probably doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

No. It won't. Just to double check, what's ur current CPU

it is a intel i5 7400

no. A 7gen cpu will not work in a 9/8 the gen mobo

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler