Infinite boot loop - dead GPU?

Gabwtf

Hi All,

I built a new system 3 weeks ago and have found myself stuck in an infinite loop:

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC 8GB

Motherboard: BB450 Mortar MAX

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200mhz

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650W Gold

While gaming (COD Warzone) I've noticed freqent signs of system instability from the game crashing all the way to my PC rebooting several times in a single session.

On my most recent system crash, my PC has been stuck in am infinite loop with no way to boot in safe mode (the pc tries to use the repair tool as soon as it boots).

My guess is the GPU is dead. The fans spin and the gigabyte logo lights up, but i am still stuck in that boot loop. I've also noticed some artefacts on the motherboard start up image. Trying to boot from USB with the Windows installation device doesn't work either and just keeps the PC in a boot loop.

I've tried reseating the memory and the GPU with no luck.

Any other ideas guys?

Much appreciated

Marvin 

can you boot into bios or windows 10 installation media?

17 minutes ago, Gabwtf said:

-snip-

Try plugging the monitor into the mobo and take the GPU out to see if it boots normally. I recently had the same issues as you and it was a defective GPU.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

5 hours ago, manikyath said:

can you boot into bios or windows 10 installation media?

Booting into bios is fine, but booting into Windows 10 Installation Media still results in a boot loop.

5 hours ago, vong said:

Try plugging the monitor into the mobo and take the GPU out to see if it boots normally. I recently had the same issues as you and it was a defective GPU.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't boot from the Mobo/without a GPU since I've got a ryzen chip (please correct me if I'm wrong however).

2 hours ago, Gabwtf said:

Booting into bios is fine, but booting into Windows 10 Installation Media still results in a boot loop.

sounds like the gpu kicks the bucket once it tries to go into a <not the most basic display out> mode, that's an RMA.

5 hours ago, manikyath said:

sounds like the gpu kicks the bucket once it tries to go into a <not the most basic display out> mode, that's an RMA.

Yeah I'm hoping you're right. Sent it off for that today, wish me luck.

Cheers for the help