PC pwr switch not working

arnekick

Hi i just build a new computer now i have been playing on it for a week. But today when i turned it on nothing happened (also when i press pwr switch on mb) no beeps or anything its like the power button wasnt working. Next i took the motherboard out and placed it on its box to see if that worked. 

The only thing that happens is the rgb from the motherboard itself turns on when i turn on the PSU.

Now i have my PSU here and my motherboard with its CPU cooler and CPU. when i press the pwr switch on the mb itself the still nothing happens.

These are the parts

asus prime x570-pro

650w PSU

3900x

dark rock pro 4

https://imgur.com/a/wA9H6ew

7 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Hi i just build a new computer now i have been playing on it for a week. But today when i turned it on nothing happened (also when i press pwr switch on mb) no beeps or anything its like the power button wasnt working. Next i took the motherboard out and placed it on its box to see if that worked. 

The only thing that happens is the rgb from the motherboard itself turns on when i turn on the PSU.

Now i have my PSU here and my motherboard with its CPU cooler and CPU. when i press the pwr switch on the mb itself the still nothing happens.

These are the parts

asus prime x570-pro

650w PSU

3900x

dark rock pro 4

https://imgur.com/a/wA9H6ew

is the front panel io all plugged in correctly?

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

43 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

is the front panel io all plugged in correctly?

I am trying to boot it from the pwr switch on the mb itself

while psu is plugged and switch to on, try shorting the power switch headers with a key or screw driver

fron left to right, top: pin 3 and 4

Snipaste_2020-05-23_00-24-01.png

if it turns on; you got a bad switch, but they can be fixed quite easily, if you have a multimeter on hand.

if not, something not quite right with your psu.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!