Surround with IDG Multimonitors

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

The way surround can be done is by synchronizing all the outputs of the card and having them take image data from the same framebuffer - that's not gonna work if some part of the image has to be sent back through PCIe to main system memory, then handled by a different GPU etc and still come out synchronised.

Even if it was technically possible nvidia would have to do specific work to make sure it works on so many different third party GPUs and there's just no reason to want to get into such a mess.

Dear Community

Is there a way to set up nvidia surround with 3 monitors where one of the monitors is connected to the Mainboard?

I can run them all as seperated displays with no problems as I have activated IDG Multi-Monitor in the BIOS.

The problem is that one of my displaycables is too short to reach the back of the graphicscard.

I have already tried it with no additional tools and the display is not showing in the surround setup process.

I could just buy a longer cable, but now I am just genuinly interrested if there is way in doing this.

I have also tried HeliosDisplayManagement with no luck. (works if all monitors are connected with the graphicscard)

Happy to hear from you, where there is hope, there is a way.

Stay healthy

No.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

how did you find this out so quickly?

The way surround can be done is by synchronizing all the outputs of the card and having them take image data from the same framebuffer - that's not gonna work if some part of the image has to be sent back through PCIe to main system memory, then handled by a different GPU etc and still come out synchronised.

Even if it was technically possible nvidia would have to do specific work to make sure it works on so many different third party GPUs and there's just no reason to want to get into such a mess.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2