Cooling solution

Hello, I'm looking for a cooling solution, I've thought of some myself but this is my first time building.

So I have a fractal meshify c with a X570 board powering a AMD 3700x and a Gtx 1660 super, and I need a cooling solution because it's definitely not getting enough airflow for heavy gaming.

I was planning on getting an AIO, but if this is wrong to get a 360mm AIO then I won't get one...

I was planning on using the AIO to bring air in, but maybe this air would be too hot for the graphics card? The GPU has three fans, and I was planning to feed it the air from the AIO. But maybe I should get a 240mm AIO and mount it to the top? I would also like the VRM's to be cooled. If the AIO is on the top, then I can fit I believe 2x140mm fans on the front for intake.

I don't know the effectiveness of the smaller AIO compared to a big air-cooler. I'm not set on anything other than getting more air into this pc lol.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Air Coolers have the same effectiveness of cooling a CPU as an AIO based on the information provided by LTT and other videos.

How many fans do you have on the Fractal Meshify?   What CPU cooler are you using today?

I usually just go with the brute force route and cram as many fans in there as possible. Your case has a PSU shroud under the GPU so it gets a little less air by default plus you can't mount fans directly under it so, your best bet would be to get some fans and put them at the front, in my opinion.

What are your temps like and have you tried setting custom fan curves for the GPU?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

If you don't have high profile RAM sticks go with a Noctua CPU (NH-U12S Chromax Black or NH-D15 Chromax Black) cooler, Nocuta NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 140mm fans and Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm fans.

The Noctua NH-D15 outperforms even the best AIO liquid coolers.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

7 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

Air Coolers have the same effectiveness of cooling a CPU as an AIO based on the information provided by LTT and other videos.

How many fans do you have on the Fractal Meshify?   What CPU cooler are you using today?

So I only have a single 140mm intake and a single 140mm exhaust. So anything will be an improvement 😅 I'm using the stock wraithe cooler that came with the CPU.

@Cyberspirit

ttemperatures while gaming are around 75c

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Just now, Beef Boss said:

So I only have a single 140mm intake and a single 140mm exhaust. So anything will be an improvement 😅 I'm using the stock wraithe cooler that came with the CPU.

@Cyberspirit

Move the rear 140mm to the front, and get a 120mm for the rear exhaust (Or just buy another 140mm for the front). Either way 2 intake and 1 exhaust will be better than what you have now.

For the cpu cooler something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo would do fine. No need to spend big money on a cooler.

Assuming you have a good X570 board, then you don't need to worry about extra VRM cooling.

13 hours ago, Beef Boss said:

@Cyberspirit

I would get two 140mm fans as well and just slap them on front then use the stock fan in the back as an exhaust. You could also try changing the GPU's fan profile if you are using stock. They generally try to make it quiet, which is nice and all but it makes the GPU hotter. If you need help with that, just say so.

By the way, 75c is fine but if you acn get it lower, you can get some extra performance out of it.

1 hour ago, Cyberspirit said:

I would get two 140mm fans as well and just slap them on front then use the stock fan in the back as an exhaust. You could also try changing the GPU's fan profile if you are using stock. They generally try to make it quiet, which is nice and all but it makes the GPU hotter. If you need help with that, just say so.

By the way, 75c is fine but if you acn get it lower, you can get some extra performance out of it.

So logging temps for the CPU it reached 74c after a few hours of skyrim at whatever settings. I don't know the GPU temperature, I haven't seen it but it has been silent, they computer doesn't really make any noise lol. I haven't messed with any profiles as of the lack of airflow I was scared to melt something.

The Grey noctua fans, are they alright? Noctua is pretty known, but I really don't want the brown ones but thinking this over I won't see them as it is very dark in the case.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

15 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

So logging temps for the CPU it reached 74c after a few hours of skyrim at whatever settings. I don't know the GPU temperature, I haven't seen it but it has been silent, they computer doesn't really make any noise lol. I haven't messed with any profiles as of the lack of airflow I was scared to melt something.

The Grey noctua fans, are they alright? Noctua is pretty known, but I really don't want the brown ones but thinking this over I won't see them as it is very dark in the case.

Noctua makes the best air cooling fans, they perform the best and they're silent. 74C degrees isn't a temp you should worry about, the CPU is fine.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

56 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

If you want value for money, the Arctic P12/P14 are usually a fraction of the price of Noctua. 

54 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

Ah, I thought that the GPU was at 75c. 😅 That's more than fine when you are running stock.

As for the Noctuas, I have 2 of these bad bois on front: NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM and they do a great job of getting a lot of air in the case pretty silently. Not sure how they stack up against other fans but they do a great job for me. Aside from the two exhausts on the top of my case, I have 6 gray Noctuas in there all different sizes and they are all great.