Ubuntu not showing "Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 7"?

Hi, I'm trying to install Ubuntu onto my HDD that already has Windows 7 but it doesn't come up with that option. I'd just like to know why. Thanks if you answer.

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

You can download Ubuntu windows installer.It lets you dual boot windows with ubuntu.You install the linux distribution from windows.

EDIT- http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/install-ubuntu-with-windows Don't thank me :)

C++,Assembly,Reverse Engineering,Penetration testing,Malware analysis

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

You can download Ubuntu windows installer.It lets you dual boot windows with ubuntu.You install the linux distribution from windows.

EDIT- http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/install-ubuntu-with-windows Don't thank me :)

I'll get back to you if this works, THANK YOU :P.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I'll get back to you if this works, THANK YOU :P.

Its always good to have windows and linux dual booted.Linux give you the opportunity to build things yourself,they break the virtual world,but they don't support bf4 and crysis 3 :P

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

Its always good to have windows and linux dual booted.Linux give you the opportunity to build things yourself,they break the virtual world,but they don't support bf4 and crysis 3 :P

I'm actually using Ubuntu from a DVD with the ISO file on it. So booting from Windows doesn't really work while I'm in Ubuntu.

I'm actually using Ubuntu from a DVD with the ISO file on it. So booting from Windows doesn't really work while I'm in Ubuntu.

Use the method I sent you.You won't need any of the iso and dvd things...When you boot your computer you'll have choice to boot either on windows or Ubuntu.Btw you can create a bootable usb stick with the iso file.You don't need to burn it on a disk or anything :P

Use the method I sent you.You won't need any of the iso and dvd things...When you boot your computer you'll have choice to boot either on windows or Ubuntu.Btw you can create a bootable usb stick with the iso file.You don't need to burn it on a disk or anything :P

I've already done that though, I'm running Ubuntu from the DVD. I'm only using Ubuntu as someone told me that yopu should have 4GB of RAM for Windows but only need 2GB for Ubuntu. This is for my mining rig btw and I just wanted to install Ubunu onto the HDD and then only use it but keep all of my programs, documents and games.

I've already done that though, I'm running Ubuntu from the DVD. I'm only using Ubuntu as someone told me that yopu should have 4GB of RAM for Windows but only need 2GB for Ubuntu. This is for my mining rig btw and I just wanted to install Ubunu onto the HDD and then only use it but keep all of my programs, documents and games.

Damn!People only use linux to make money nowdays :(

Damn!People only use linux to make money nowdays :(

Well I actually really like Ubuntu, looks much better than Windows imo.

Anyways, what do you suggest I do? I have the option to install Ubunto onto the HDD but it still doesn't come up wit an option to keep my data from Windows 7.

Well I actually really like Ubuntu, looks much better than Windows imo.

Anyways, what do you suggest I do? I have the option to install Ubunto onto the HDD but it still doesn't come up wit an option to keep my data from Windows 7.

Its dual boot what do you mean?Just click install.It will create a different partition for the ubuntu.I guarantee you'll keep your data nothing gets erased!If it is going to erase your data it will notify you.Just keep an eye on it!

Its dual boot what do you mean?Just click install.It will create a different partition for the ubuntu.I guarantee you'll keep your data nothing gets erased!If it is going to erase your data it will notify you.Just keep an eye on it!

That's what I'm saying, it's supposed to come up with two options, to erase Windows and make Ubuntu the only OS or to keep Windows and have them both on the same drive. BUT... It doesn't come up with an option to allow me to keep Windows 7, that's the reason why I made this thread.

Would that work with linux mint? I can't get mint to boot up.

That's what I'm saying, it's supposed to come up with two options, to erase Windows and make Ubuntu the only OS or to keep Windows and have them both on the same drive. BUT... It doesn't come up with an option to allow me to keep Windows 7, that's the reason why I made this thread.

Dude download the software I sent you before!It will dual boot ubuntu with windows...

Dude download the software I sent you before!It will dual boot ubuntu with windows...

That just brings me to the same page I went to when I downloaded it to the DVD. Will I have to boot into Windows for that to work?

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Choose and download!

I've done that <_< .

I've done that <_< .

Do you have skype?

Do you have skype?

Umm, yes.

Do you have Steam?

Download the iso and put it on a USB

Put aside some space on your hard drive

In the installer:  make a 2gb (virtual space) for swap

then make a insert amount GB space for the '/' directory

then select /dev/sda or your main harddrive to install the bootloader, done

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Download the iso and put it on a USB

Put aside some space on your hard drive

In the installer:  make a 2gb (virtual space) for swap

then make a insert amount GB space for the '/' directory

then select /dev/sda or your main harddrive to install the bootloader, done

Cause that made so much sense to me who is doing this for the first time.

Cause that made so much sence to me who is doing this for the first time.

on the screen where it usually says "install with windows 7" click "something else"

it should be self explanatory after that

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

on the screen where it usually says "install with windows 7" click "something else"

it should be self explanatory after that

Well I'm installing 12.04 with Windows on my laptop. I've got that from the Install Ubuntu with Windows.

Well I'm installing 12.04 with Windows on my laptop. I've got that from the Install Ubuntu with Windows.

?  I don't quite understand

?  I don't quite understand

I've connected the HDD up to my laptop (it's a 2.5") and now I'm installing Ubuntu 12.04 from the Windows installer.