Bios Settings Not Being Saved?

CPT_BEEMO

I noticed 2 odd things have started to occur on the PC, specs in the signature:

1. System used to double POST. By that I mean when I would power on, system would power up for a couple seconds, power down, then power back up and boot into Windows. It does not do this anymore, and to my knowledge I have not made any changes to the configuration to cause that. Only new configs are a GPU driver update, and 2 new fans were installed. Bios is update on version 5406.

2. The lighting on the motherboard defaults to ON when system is in sleep or shut down (With the PSU still on, of course). I had it on the default since I built it from scratch and finally said screw it and set the setting to OFF so that all lighting is turned off when the system is shut down. The settings were saved and for the first couple power cycles it was fine, until I came home from work yesterday to find the computer is off and not in sleep mode, and the lights are back on.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Hmm, could it be the CMOS battery (also known as button cell or CR2032 battery) is weak? Maybe you can try to replace it and see if the symptoms persist.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Hmm, could it be the CMOS battery (also known as button cell or CR2032 battery) is weak? Maybe you can try to replace it and see if the symptoms persist.

Would this not imply that I would lose all adjusted settings in the Bios? I still have XMP and fan profile where it should be.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB