Building PC- Help!

Hi everyone! So I'm currently building my second PC, and would like confirmation on if this build should work or not. So my currently idea is:

Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X

GPU: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Super Overclocked 4GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 16GB (8GBx2)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU

Case: DIYPC DIY-F2-O Black/Orange USB 3.0 Micro-ATX Mini Tower Gaming Computer Case 

Storage: 1TB HDD and 512GB SSD

I'm all ears for getting different parts! This is my idea at the moment. I'm making this my budget PC. I do know that with the current parts, bottlenecking will occur... I'm just not sure if it'll be significant. I'm here for suggestions, and to learn! :D

PS: I'm well aware that 1080p will be most realistic for gaming with current parts.

Budget (including currency): $500~ US Dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, COD, Final Fantasy, Light video/photo editing

3 minutes ago, Sonny_Dang said:

Hi everyone! So I'm currently building my second PC, and would like confirmation on if this build should work or not. So my currently idea is:

Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X

GPU: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Super Overclocked 4GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 16GB (8GBx2)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU

Case: DIYPC DIY-F2-O Black/Orange USB 3.0 Micro-ATX Mini Tower Gaming Computer Case 

Storage: 1TB HDD and 512GB SSD

I'm all ears for getting different parts! This is my idea at the moment. I'm making this my budget PC. I do know that with the current parts, bottlenecking will occur... I'm just not sure if it'll be significant. I'm here for suggestions, and to learn! :D

PS: I'm well aware that 1080p will be most realistic for gaming with current parts.

Budget (including currency): $500~ US Dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, COD, Final Fantasy, Light video/photo editing

it will all work,  you may need to preform a bios update but thats about all.  for parts maybe get a slighly more reliable psu but otherwise your all good

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

On the motherboard, make sure it supports 3rd gen ryzen.

On the gpu , its better to get an rx 580 instead

On the psu, you might want to get a better one as that one isn't that reliable. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 hour ago, xdeathshot20 said:

it will all work,  you may need to preform a bios update but thats about all.  for parts maybe get a slighly more reliable psu but otherwise your all good

Thank you for the reply!

So I hear a lot about how important a good psu is in a build. My question to that is how do you know if the product you're looking at is a "good" one? Are there brand names out there that have been known to be reliable, color of the psu (white, black, bronze, silver, etc.) or is there something that you look for in the description of the product?

1 hour ago, MartinKweh said:

On the motherboard, make sure it supports 3rd gen ryzen.

On the gpu , its better to get an rx 580 instead

On the psu, you might want to get a better one as that one isn't that reliable. 

Thanks for the reply!

So I actually thought the same thing (make sure it supports 3rd gen ryzen). In the reviews for the motherboard, early-mid 2019 comments said that it didn't support the 3000 series. Then there are reviews in early 2020 that they updated the bios to support the 3000 series. I'm pretty much hoping that they've updated the BIOs now to support it. I'm just not 100% positive.

GPU, yeah I was also thinking about the rx 580. I just didn't like how hot it gets.

So I'm confused on determining a reliable PSU. I know there are ways to tell, but I'm not sure what to look for when looking at one. 

23 minutes ago, Sonny_Dang said:

Thanks for the reply!

So I actually thought the same thing (make sure it supports 3rd gen ryzen). In the reviews for the motherboard, early-mid 2019 comments said that it didn't support the 3000 series. Then there are reviews in early 2020 that they updated the bios to support the 3000 series. I'm pretty much hoping that they've updated the BIOs now to support it. I'm just not 100% positive.

GPU, yeah I was also thinking about the rx 580. I just didn't like how hot it gets.

So I'm confused on determining a reliable PSU. I know there are ways to tell, but I'm not sure what to look for when looking at one. 

with a few bucks more you can get the corsair cx550m. It is semimodular, 80 bronze and it is from corsair!

43 minutes ago, PeteMitchell said:

with a few bucks more you can get the corsair cx550m. It is semimodular, 80 bronze and it is from corsair!

Pete to the rescue! Thank you friend. Will look that up immediately. 

45 minutes ago, PeteMitchell said:

Could you possibly post the link? I'm not sure I'm seeing the same price point that you are

This is the part number CP-9020102-NA ! the difference is about 20$