Running Ethernet between rooms

Hikaru12

So I finally got started on making my own ethernet cable and realized how much of a pain it can be. :P Anyway, I'm running some Cat 6 cable between my new Asus Router and my computer in the next room. Seperating those two rooms is two doors with a tiny little gap in the bottom which is enough to run the ethernet cord through. However, when I link the cable to room #2 I realize I can't shut the door fully without a little nudge on the cable. I'm just wondering if this will cause connectivity/slowdown issues down the road from being crimped by the door every day? I'm not brave enough to start getting into in wall wiring and yes, I have tried powerline adapters for a while. Now while I did enjoy them, they're capped speeds were a big issue and prompted my return to straight runs. 

Could you not file back the corner a little?

I suppose I could trim the door a little bit just to get the cable through. Here's how it sits:  (yes it's a old Victorian house)343gegx.jpg

I suppose I could trim the door a little bit just to get the cable through. Here's how it sits:  (yes it's a old Victorian house)343gegx.jpg

I'd chisel away a little bit of the door frame. Paint over it and you'll never know.

hello

get yourself a hammer and smash a hole in the wall, thread the cable through and just put a poster over the top.  My mother the same thing xD 

get yourself a hammer and smash a hole in the wall, thread the cable through and just put a poster over the top.  My mother the same thing xD 

I still have a hole near the top of my wall close to the ceiling for running a cable through it...so worth it.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500