Choosing a new power supply?

TJtravel
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

What are you powering?  Do you really need 850W?

Because Newegg actually has the HX750 in stock right now:  https://www.newegg.com/corsair-hx-series-hx750-cp-9020137-na-750w/p/N82E16817139206?Item=N82E16817139206&quicklink=true

Hi All, 

I am in the process of upgrading my computer bit by bit. I am currently in the process of trying to find a new PSU, however, it seems I can't find anything in-stock anywhere... I had my eyes on a Corsair HX SERIES HX850 directly from Corsair, however every single model is sold out from that model, except the 1200W model, which is about US$70 more. I don't terribly mind spending the extra US$70, but I would rather spend that money elsewhere in the computer if possible. I have been perusing Amazon, and newegg, and it seems all of the Corsair models are sold out. 

Long story short, i'm not too familiar with other brands of PSUs, what would you reccomend as an alternative for the 750-850W power range that is going to be reliable? Or would you suggest waiting for Corsair to be back in stock, or just bite the bullet and get the 1200W?

Thanks

Are you actually in the U.S.?

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Are you actually in the U.S.?

Yes I am

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

What are you powering?  Do you really need 850W?

850W is a bit much,,, Ryzen5 3400G, and upgrading the PSU so I can get a Radeon 5700XT, but Ideally I will be upgrading the motherboard and CPU (and possibly GPU) in a year or two, so a bit of planning for the future as well.