Screen won't come on after replacing the bezel

I just replaced the bezel and backplate on an ASUS TUF FX504 laptop. Kept the existing screen as it was working.

Never done this before, as Asus' support is shit and wouldn't honour their warranty.

Now when I turn it on, the screen won't come on. No backlight or anything. The keyboard lights up, and if I plug it into a monitor with HDMI it works fine on the monitor.

How do I know if it's the screen that's dead or if I damaged the cable/connnector? I already spent £40 on the bezel/backplate. I don't really want to put much more into this piece of shit. I only wanted to repair it so I could sell it on eBay.

Should I just sell it for parts on eBay? Take the RAM, SSD, etc. out first?

11 minutes ago, laptopnoob678 said:

I just replaced the bezel and backplate on an ASUS TUF FX504 laptop. Kept the existing screen as it was working.

Never done this before, as Asus' support is shit and wouldn't honour their warranty.

Now when I turn it on, the screen won't come on. No backlight or anything. The keyboard lights up, and if I plug it into a monitor with HDMI it works fine on the monitor.

How do I know if it's the screen that's dead or if I damaged the cable/connnector? I already spent £40 on the bezel/backplate. I don't really want to put much more into this piece of shit. I only wanted to repair it so I could sell it on eBay.

Should I just sell it for parts on eBay? Take the RAM, SSD, etc. out first?

Pull it apart, and just connect the required wires to the screen, and power it on, see what happens, if it powers on and shows stuff on the screen, then you had a pinched wire somewhere.

If it doesn't, cut your losses and sell for parts

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pull it apart, and just connect the required wires to the screen, and power it on, see what happens, if it powers on and shows stuff on the screen, then you had a pinched wire somewhere.

If it doesn't, cut your losses and sell for parts

That's what I was thinking :/ tried powering on the laptop and adjusting the cable, but nothing.

I could get access to a multimeter. Would that help work out if it's the cable or the screen?

6 hours ago, laptopnoob678 said:

I could get access to a multimeter. Would that help work out if it's the cable or the screen?

Possibly, but I don't know how to use a MM, so I'd be of no use there

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.