microphone stand?

ixiboneheadixi

i am getting a Audio-Technica AT2020 Side Address Cardioid Condenser Studio Microphone. and need some sort of stand for it, like a boom stand but preferable able to clamp on to my desk and highly adjustable so it can be clamped to the back of my desk and then moved around easy, or if theres not a whole lot of good desk mount ones im open to a good tripod style one as well. 

also is this a good pop filter http://www.amazon.com/Nady-MPF-6-6-Inch-Microphone-Filter/dp/B0002CZW0Y/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_img_y

You should make your own pop filter using panty hoes and am embroidery hoop. Works perfectly for me.

I've been looking into ordering one of these for a while now. are the same ones used in rocketjump's facerocker series :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RLE5Y/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d1_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=151P9YZAC4P0RR2PH4HW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

For a pop filter just put 2 socks over the mic, works great :D

I really want to see what your mic looks like with socks on it .. If I happened to come into your room, it'd look like you've just thrown dirty socks on your computer desk haha.

#!

I really want to see what your mic looks like with socks on it .. If I happened to come into your room, it'd look like you've just thrown dirty socks on your computer desk haha.

No idea why it's sideways ._.775Ze.JPG

well time to bring life back into this thread, i have changed my mind, due to my woman wanting me to get a tripod stand the microphone lol, so what would be a good tripod style stand for one, also still has to have adjustability so i can position the arm to near me when im on the computer, also a good shock mount compatible with the stand and the  AT2020, also one that wont droop down cause of weight of the mic. and for a pop filter ill just buy whatever from amazon,

actually just found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2035-Diaphragm-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B00D6RMFG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393185097&sr=8-2&keywords=at2035 better mic and comes with stuff for the same price really, so i just need a compatible stand

Stands have STANDardized thread sizes, and they're all built the same more or less.

Stands have STANDardized thread sizes, and they're all built the same more or less.

ok i will just grab something cheap and rated good from amazon, ive heard complaints about non standard threading before so i will just read some reviews. thanks.

ok i will just grab something cheap and rated good from amazon, ive heard complaints about non standard threading before so i will just read some reviews. thanks.

Well, there's more than one size, but it shouldn't be hard to match those up. Plus, there's adapters if you really need them.