Noticeable difference in performance from timing

Currently, I have 16 Gigs (2x8) of 3600 speed Memory with timings of 18-22-22-42.  A while a go a put a price notification on a RAM kit of 32 Gigs (2x16) 3600 speed with timings of 16-16-16-36, and I got notified that it's down to the price I was waiting for.  I'm running a R7 3700x, on a Gigabyte Aorus Master mobo, will there be much of a noticeable improvement in performance with the faster timings?  I'm thinking about getting more RAM because I've been having to do a lot of my music production work at home, and certain aspects of that word requires a lot of RAM. (I have 64 gigs in my studio PC) plus, I'm going to start video editing and I'm sure more RAM couldn't hurt that.  

I haven't done anything in terms of overclocking my RAM's speed beyond enabling the XMP profile, but I have used the RAM Timing Calculator to squeak out some faster timings, and I did notice a bit of a difference just from that.  My current Memory is on a Hynix dye, and I believe the kit I'm looking at is on the Samsung B Dye, and from what I'm seeing that's more optimal?  Is that correct?

Thanks for the advice. 

oh, and I thought of another question.  The exact kit I have right now is also a good price.  Would a 4x8 Gig set of 3600 18-22-22-42 be noticeably slower than the 2x16 kit above?  If I'm understanding the information I've gathered, it's more efficient to use two sticks of RAM than four, right?

Bumping because I'm hoping to get an answer before this sale ends.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, pstarlord said:

Bumping because I'm hoping to get an answer before this sale ends.  Thanks!

Depends on what you are using it for 

If you are doing large tasks that require alot of ram and require a lot of writing and reading yes it will (I'm not familiar with music production but it could be taxing ) over all in normal things like gaming so not too intensive work loads you should expect better 1% and .1% performance and the 3700x with it's multiple ccx arrangements will benefit from it over all just the "improvement" will depend on the work load 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Depends on what you are using it for 

If you are doing large tasks that require alot of ram and require a lot of writing and reading yes it will (I'm not familiar with music production but it could be taxing ) over all in normal things like gaming so not too intensive work loads you should expect better 1% and .1% performance and the 3700x with it's multiple ccx arrangements will benefit from it over all just the "improvement" will depend on the work load 

Thanks.  There are certain aspects of music programs that are VERY RAM intensive.  The 64 Gigs on my studio PC gets upto 60% utilization at times.  Granted, that's fairly slow RAM by today's standards running on an i7 7700k system.  And I don't do video editing on that PC, strictly music.  I do wish I could find a place with proper benchmarks of audio recording software, but such a huge chunk of the professional side of the industry industry runs on Apple, so benchmarking the 6 available options seems kind of silly.    

2 minutes ago, pstarlord said:

Thanks.  There are certain aspects of music programs that are VERY RAM intensive.  The 64 Gigs on my studio PC gets upto 60% utilization at times.  Granted, that's fairly slow RAM by today's standards running on an i7 7700k system.  And I don't do video editing on that PC, strictly music.  I do wish I could find a place with proper benchmarks of audio recording software, but such a huge chunk of the professional side of the industry industry runs on Apple, so benchmarking the 6 available options seems kind of silly.    

Then you should benifit greatly from the 3600 ram just make sure you use xmp / dcop (obviously) and that 3700x should work like a charm and it's memory controller should have no problem getting to the advertised speeds 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: