Underperforming rtx 2080

Feroervas

So basicaly i have a i7-6700k, 16gb ram, and an RTX 2080 ASUS DUAL 8gb ddr6. 

And i have been getting low fps on basicaly every game. i know this because i used to have a gtx 1080 and got much better performance for some reason, and it wasn't even overclocked. btw i changed to the RTX 2080 because the 1080 fried due to some power problems i had on my house. And ever since my life has been a nightmare because nothing seems to work as i want it to, i have an 144hz monitor that i cant use because it doesnt have displayport. Furthermore i have a lot of screen tearing, and i mean a loooot of it, which might be related to the 60 hz.

For example on gta V i cant even get 60 stable fps no matter how much i try to change the settings it doesn't make a big difference, and that happens in almost every game i have. Also the GPU usage never goes up 60% and usually runs at 40% and is somewhat unstable. I don't know if this is helpfull but MSI afterburner does not work on my pc, i am using EVGA precision XOC.

Also i know that it most likely not a bottleneck because my cpu usage is pretty normal,and the temps in both the cpu and gpu are on the cool side 

The print was taken when i was playing Hell Let Loose, a not very demanding game where i have a lot of fps drops too.

Sry for the mistakes but i not really in a good mood to correct them, i have tryed everything in my power to solve this problem but nothing seems to work. 

I need help please!

Capturar.PNG