x99s sli plus memory support

So i got a this mobo recently for really good price. and in the specs it say (Supports RDIMM 1Rx8 memory module(Operates in non-ECC mode). 

does it mean 8gb per channel  and will it boot with rdimms

Yes, well ECC is Xeon support only. i7 won't run ECC memory. And even only certain boards + Xeons can run registered memory.

Why can't you use standard unregistered memory modules? 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, well ECC is Xeon support only. i7 won't run ECC memory. And even only certain boards + Xeons can run registered memory.

Why can't you use standard unregistered memory modules? 

Its cheaper for me to use registered  will be using 1650 v3 so it will work and boot thats ther only thing im wanting

Just now, SERVER EMPEROR said:

Its cheaper for me to use registered  will be using 1650 v3 so it will work and boot thats ther only thing im wanting

Only the motherboard manual can tell you the answer. Nobody else knows what board you are using. And would look at the manual to conclude the answer. I do know that not all boards support full registered ECC memory.

My best guess would be any memory that's on this list will work for your needs. Pricing, not sure for your country, but this list is pretty long. probably some cheap kits there. 

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99S-SLI-PLUS#support-mem-0

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Only the motherboard manual can tell you the answer. Nobody else knows what board you are using. And would look at the manual to conclude the answer. I do know that not all boards support full registered ECC memory.

My best guess would be any memory that's on this list will work for your needs. Pricing, not sure for your country, but this list is pretty long. probably some cheap kits there. 

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99S-SLI-PLUS#support-mem-0

its say here

hi.PNG

8 minutes ago, SERVER EMPEROR said:

its say here

hi.PNG

If the memory is not on the QVL list, cannot say it will work. 

'

Won't know until you try it.