HD7950 Crossfire power surge issue

cobra6

So I have two HD7950s (XFX R7950) in crossfire, and whenever I'm playing a game my computer will reboot, and there will be a screen saying it was caused by a power surge (ASUS anti-surge protection). So I've had my PSU stress-tested by the retailer I purchased it from, and it's working correctly.  This problem only occurs when using two cards, if I use only one it's fine. And this has started randomly about 3 weeks ago when I had my PC for a couple of months. So what could be the cause of this? I've tried disabling the anti-surge protection but it won't help. And I'm planning on running memtest.

Specs: CPU: Intel i7-4770k

Motherboard: Asus sabertooth Z87

Graphics Cards: XFX R7950s

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600Mhz

OS windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

BIOS: latest version (Version 1707)

Edit: PSU: AX760

And none of my components are overclocked

XFX suck donkeyballs

psu?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

please tell us what psu you are using? almost sounds like your psu isn''t sufficient.

please tell us what psu you are using? almost sounds like your psu isn''t sufficient.

Added 

XFX suck donkeyballs

i don't really see anything obvious in your speccs, and the psu should be a quality one, are you sure both gpus are working as they should under load?, individually that is, and all power connectors are fine?

that said, you are kinda pushing your psu.

i don't really see anything obvious in your speccs, and the psu should be a quality one, are you sure both gpus are working as they should under load?, individually that is, and all power connectors are fine?

that said, you are kinda pushing your psu.

i asked if it could be my PSU here, and everybody said no so I kinda went with that. But could it be that one of my cards is 'bad' and drawing a lot of power which is then recognised by my motherboard as a power surge, reason I ask this is because I recently changed the position of my cards (bottom one becomes top one and the other way around) because at first I couldn't even run a single card and after this I can. So maybe it's that card.

XFX suck donkeyballs

I also had the Asus surge protection kick in a few times in the past (over a year ago and with another psu)... I just disabled it in the bios and have been good since. It's up to you if you are worried and choose to investigate further, but I think that the feature might just be over sensitive.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

i asked if it could be my PSU here, and everybody said no so I kinda went with that. But could it be that one of my cards is 'bad' and drawing a lot of power which is then recognised by my motherboard as a power surge, reason I ask this is because I recently changed the position of my cards (bottom one becomes top one and the other way around) because at first I couldn't even run a single card and after this I can. So maybe it's that card.

so what's the status? did you check if both your gpus are individually stable under heavy load? or did you simply disable the feature in bios?.

so what's the status? did you check if both your gpus are individually stable under heavy load? or did you simply disable the feature in bios?.

I didn't do anything yet, I'm to busy with school. I plan to troubleshoot in the weekend or on friday.

XFX suck donkeyballs

reinstall drivers and see wat happens do a 4hour stress test.+

and try to place the gpu's in the other order, place the down above and the above down.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular