Where would it bottleneck

Im looking to upgrade my pc, now im trying to figure out where my pc is gonna be bottlenecked, what are your thoughts. 

Im looking to game on a hp omen 27,

At 1440p at 144hz

After the upgrade the hardware in my pc is gonna be a :

ryzen 7 3700x

Gigabyte aorus x570 elite 

32gb g. Skill f4-3600c16d

Msi gtx 1080 armor

Would it also be worth taking the time to overclock the cpu and gpu or would it not really give a noticeable performance boost? 

With an upgrade rather than a new machine some parts are already purchased.  1440p @144hz would hit any gpu really hard.  Is the 1080 legacy from the last machine?  Could it hit those marks before?  Different apps have different requirements.  Cpu heavy stuff will max the cpu before the gpu, and gpu heavy stuff will max the gpu before the cpu.   There is gpu heavy stuff that can bury a 1080 with a 4 core, and cpu intensive stuff that can burry the fastest of CPUs without stressing a gpu half that size. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

With an upgrade rather than a new machine some parts are already purchased.  1440p @144hz would hit any gpu really hard.  Is the 1080 legacy from the last machine?  Could it hit those marks before?  Different apps have different requirements.  Cpu heavy stuff will max the cpu before the gpu, and gpu heavy stuff will max the gpu before the cpu.   There is gpu heavy stuff that can bury a 1080 with a 4 core, and cpu intensive stuff that can burry the fastest of CPUs without stressing a gpu half that size. 

The gpu is already installed so i was hoping i could still run my 1080 for a littlebit 

6 minutes ago, Skyplex said:

The gpu is already installed so i was hoping i could still run my 1080 for a littlebit 

Then you’ll get what you get.  I personally would also avoid upgrading a gpu at this point in time.  I’m not sure a 5700xt would be all that usefully faster.  That’s me though.  Ymmv.  The world is weird right now though and there’s all sorts of aspects to consider that vary by area.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Then you’ll get what you get.  I personally would also avoid upgrading a gpu at this point in time.  I’m not sure a 5700xt would be all that usefully faster.  That’s me though.  Ymmv.  The world is weird right now though and there’s all sorts of aspects to consider that vary by area.  

I was hoping to upgrade my gpu somewhere in 2021 if the gpu market is a bit more matured by then