This noob need help picking B450 for his first build.

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, Hypercore said:

I don't think you can crossfire, or SLI with different NVIDIA GPUs...

Not too much boards at this range even have SLI

You wouldn't need SLI to use two cards to render, depending on software.

@Special.one the gaming plus max and tomahawk Max are basically the best choices of what you listed.

Hi, all-

I'm planning to build my first PC for creative design workstation, mostly as Iray rendering machine. I'm not really into gaming so I decided to just buy AMD Ryzen 3 3400g as the primary display, while my GTX 1080ti & GTX 1070ti will be used solely for rendering purpose. I have the other components ready (Kingston DDR4 2x16GB, PSU Seasonic 850w Platinum, WD SSD Sata Black 500G) but the motherboard.
These are my choices, they are sold at similar prices here in my country and on my budget range:

• MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
  • ASROCK B450 Steel Legend
  • Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
  • ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

I don't have any plan to do OC. The Steel Legend and Aorus ones are aesthetically pleasing to me, but since this will be my first PC, I just want the one which is solid and reliable, where I can count on to work with minimal hassle eventhough this system later will always be on for 10+ hours every Monday to Saturday. Any suggestions? Or experience you guys can tell me using one of those mobos with dual GPU? Thanks b4.

14 minutes ago, Special.one said:

Hi, all-

I'm planning to build my first PC for creative design workstation, mostly as Iray rendering machine. I'm not really into gaming so I decided to just buy AMD Ryzen 3 3400g as the primary display, while my GTX 1080ti & GTX 1070ti will be used solely for rendering purpose. I have the other components ready (Kingston DDR4 2x16GB, PSU Seasonic 850w Platinum, WD SSD Sata Black 500G) but the motherboard.
These are my choices, they are sold at similar prices here in my country and on my budget range:

• MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
  • ASROCK B450 Steel Legend
  • Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
  • ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

I don't have any plan to do OC. The Steel Legend and Aorus ones are aesthetically pleasing to me, but since this will be my first PC, I just want the one which is solid and reliable, where I can count on to work with minimal hassle eventhough this system later will always be on for 10+ hours every Monday to Saturday. Any suggestions? Or experience you guys can tell me using one of those mobos with dual GPU? Thanks b4.

Would recommend the Tomahwak MAX though

Just now, Hypercore said:

@Special.one the gaming plus max and tomahawk Max are basically the best choices of what you listed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Oh lol didn't know that

Not exactly a techie

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Thanks for the answer @Fasauceome

I think I'll pick MSI Tomahawk since it's a bit more expensive than the other MSI, I'm guessing it'll be more solid choice.

And yes, I don't need SLI 😁