Screen went black while gaming

Roberr

So I was concerned that my gpu(rx 570) is dirty in the inside and some friends also told me to clean it up so I watch a tutorial to clean it up but after putting it back in and started playing video games the performance dropped a lot and after awhile it made the screen black but i can still hear the game. So I pulled the gpu out again making sure I did not do something wrong. Can it be the thermal paste on it? Please help me fix this problem.

If you took the cooler off it and repasted it, sounds like you didnt put it back together correctly and its overheating. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Sir, is there any video or can you help me out by sending you a picture? I'm still new at this. I'm sorry

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

If you took the cooler off it and repasted it, sounds like you didnt put it back together correctly and its overheating. 

Sir, is there any video or can you help me out by sending you a picture? I'm still new at this. I'm sorry

40 minutes ago, Roberr said:

Sir, is there any video or can you help me out by sending you a picture? I'm still new at this. I'm sorry

which card specifically do you own?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

54 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

which card specifically do you own?

I own the Asus ROG STRIX Rx570 4GB

6 hours ago, Roberr said:

I own the Asus ROG STRIX Rx570 4GB

Can you post some pictures of the card? Looking specifically for the back plate, side profile shots and maybe take the cooler off again. Should be just the 4 screws holding around the GPU die, the ones with the springs on them. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Can you post some pictures of the card? Looking specifically for the back plate, side profile shots and maybe take the cooler off again. Should be just the 4 screws holding around the GPU die, the ones with the springs on them. 

IMG_20200508_212656.jpg

IMG_20200508_212559.jpg

IMG_20200508_212545.jpg

Judging by the picture, doesnt look like you had good contact on the GPU DIE. Paste should have been spread better than that if it was proper contact. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

13 hours ago, Roberr said:

IMG_20200508_212656.jpg

IMG_20200508_212559.jpg

IMG_20200508_212545.jpg

is that the original thermal paste or did you apply new? ive replaced it before on my 580 and it lowered temps by a lot. it does look like it isnt spread well which means you mightve not had even pressure. did you use a diagonal cross pattern when screwing it back together? also did you re connect the fans?

could also be an overclocking issue, rx 500 series tends to give a black screen if overclocked too high

7 hours ago, shaneh890 said:

is that the original thermal paste or did you apply new? ive replaced it before on my 580 and it lowered temps by a lot. it does look like it isnt spread well which means you mightve not had even pressure. did you use a diagonal cross pattern when screwing it back together? also did you re connect the fans?

It's the original thermal paste. I didn't replace it

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Judging by the picture, doesnt look like you had good contact on the GPU DIE. Paste should have been spread better than that if it was proper contact. 

But sir it's the original thermal paste. I nver replace it new

5 minutes ago, Roberr said:

But sir it's the original thermal paste. I nver replace it new

you need to replace the thermal paste then. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

15 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

you need to replace the thermal paste then. 

for sure. it overheated because that old paste is dry and not doing its job