Fan Control Software.

SolarNova

Greetings.

Dont suppose any1 knows of any Fan control software that can control 4pin (non PWM) headers like the Asus Ai Suite fan xpert can ?

Im stuck using the POS Ai Suite 2, which wont allow changing of temp sensor or setting temp targets below 60c.

Have tried the usual suspects. SpeedFan and ArgusMonitor ..neither work.

My Aida 64 monitoring software, and Argus does pick up the fans speeds, which do change as u would expect a normal PWM header to change when controlled via AI Suite 2 Fan Xpert, but no other software seems to be able to control the fans running of those headers.

And i cant set a fan curve in the BIOS as thats not a feature ye oldy P9x79 Pro has.

Ofc the 'simple', but real PITA physically , solution would be to run all 13 fans off of the 2 'real' PWM headers ..but really dont want to go that route.

Suggestions appreciated.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Might want to take a look at what I've been cooking in the last few months, don't know about compatibility, but might worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Rem0o said:

Might want to take a look at what I've been cooking in the last few months, don't know about compatibility, but might worth a shot.

How does it treat 4 pin fan headers that are NOT PWM but rather DC voltage controlled ?

Asus AI Suite Fan Xpert (trash program) manages to control these, i assume by directly controlling the motherboard voltage, but other software like speedfan wont as it only attempts to control via PWM.

Have u programed in a way to deal with this ? By which i mean, not use PWM but control voltage instead ?

EDIT: Appreciate the effort u put into this bit of software but im afraid like the others out there its also not working with my system. its not even picking up the RPMs of all the headers in use, only picking up 1. Im using 4 headers. Its odd, its acting the same as speedfan and the like, only picking up 1 of the 4 headers im using, but all 4 are non PWM 4 pin headers ..so why 1 is working and the others not is beyond me. Asus Fan Xpert works though.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

16 hours ago, SolarNova said:

EDIT: Appreciate the effort u put into this bit of software but im afraid like the others out there its also not working with my system. its not even picking up the RPMs of all the headers in use, only picking up 1. Im using 4 headers. Its odd, its acting the same as speedfan and the like, only picking up 1 of the 4 headers im using, but all 4 are non PWM 4 pin headers ..so why 1 is working and the others not is beyond me. Asus Fan Xpert works though.

You have some other issue going on. Speedfan doesn't make difference between PWM and DC controls. It treats all fans same, the way percentage on controls is shown as fan speed changes just varies. Have tried setting up controllers from Advanced tab in Speedfan settings? I'm not sure if that helps, it might be that controller chip on that mobo is not supported by Speedfan.

Still, control software don't make distinction between PWM and DC. Thats done in BIOS side of things and how BIOS reads header. I have such older mobo and in software only difference between DC and PWM fans is how accurately they react to controlling, and how low the startup rpm can get.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

52 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You have some other issue going on. Speedfan doesn't make difference between PWM and DC controls. It treats all fans same, the way percentage on controls is shown as fan speed changes just varies. Have tried setting up controllers from Advanced tab in Speedfan settings? I'm not sure if that helps, it might be that controller chip on that mobo is not supported by Speedfan.

Still, control software don't make distinction between PWM and DC. Thats done in BIOS side of things and how BIOS reads header. I have such older mobo and in software only difference between DC and PWM fans is how accurately they react to controlling, and how low the startup rpm can get.

Well what ever the issue, seems like ill have to just stick with the POS Asus Ai suite fan xpert.

Wish Aida 64 had fan control built in, it picks up the fan RPMs just fine.