RTX 2080 Super Temps

Go to solution Solved by LMCrossfire,
58 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

EVGA uses some pretty nice thermal paste in their cards. But, if OP feels the desire, EVGA also doesn't void the warranty for repasting. 84c sound about right for a 2080 super. I had an EVGA 2080 super xc gamings in my last build and it got that hot too. I ended up undervolting it to get the temps around 78-80c. 

I went with undervolting my GPU with some help from a guide by Optimum Tech that specifically covers the 2080 Super. Brought by GPU temps down to 75C. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm running an EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black Edition and in Borderlands 3 and CoD MW on High Settings at 1440p I am running up to 84 degrees just running the game. This is stock settings aside from the aggressive fan curve in Precision X1, I have my Kraken x53 AiO radiator mounted with its stock fans as intakes on the front of my case (Thermaltake S300) and I have a Corsair ML120 as rear exhaust and 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWMs as my top exhaust. I'm really just wondering if this is normal for the RTX 2080 Super to run under load. Here in So. Cal. it's 23C  at 10pm.

Just now, LMCrossfire said:

I'm running an EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black Edition and in Borderlands 3 and CoD MW on High Settings at 1440p I am running up to 84 degrees just running the game. This is stock settings aside from the aggressive fan curve in Precision X1, I have my Kraken x53 AiO radiator mounted with its stock fans as intakes on the front of my case (Thermaltake S300) and I have a Corsair ML120 as rear exhaust and 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWMs as my top exhaust. I'm really just wondering if this is normal for the RTX 2080 Super to run under load. Here in So. Cal. it's 23C  at 10pm.

It's not deadly but seems high, maybe because the air is already hot when it comes in? 

Are all the fans working? 

The AIO at the front of the case is probably drawing in air that is a little hotter, but that really shouldn't matter too much. Make sure the GPU fans are working and all of your case fans. 84 does seem a little high for that card. 

Also, (almost) never hurts to apply a more efficient thermal material to between chips and sinks.

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

38 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

It's not deadly but seems high, maybe because the air is already hot when it comes in? 

Are all the fans working? 

All fans are definitely working, case and GPU. The only things that I figure are affecting temps would be ambient air/access to airflow (limited space does have my PC on the floor and it's forever Summer here). Those or the case itself.

39 minutes ago, NZKshatriya said:

Also, (almost) never hurts to apply a more efficient thermal material to between chips and sinks.

EVGA uses some pretty nice thermal paste in their cards. But, if OP feels the desire, EVGA also doesn't void the warranty for repasting. 84c sound about right for a 2080 super. I had an EVGA 2080 super xc gamings in my last build and it got that hot too. I ended up undervolting it to get the temps around 78-80c. 

RTX 2060 in my laptop (if you can call it that) doesn't get much above 78, either gaming or folding at full power.

I do have a tendency to run the fans at performance mode, as I can tune out the fan noise lol.

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

58 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I went with undervolting my GPU with some help from a guide by Optimum Tech that specifically covers the 2080 Super. Brought by GPU temps down to 75C. Thanks for the feedback!