RTX 2080 micro stuttering dropping frames

Hi

I recently purchased a 5700 xt. It was a good card but however i kept getting black screens and computer randomly restarting so i returned it (I read that might be a possibility since i use two monitors) 1: 4k Acer KG281K and 2: 1080P Acer . So I purchased a RTX 2080 and while thats fixed the issues above the performance has been less than i thought it would be given the price of the card. Every game i bring up says i should be using just about max settings 4K. Some games are fine but i keep getting constant stuttering and frame drops issues even when dropping the resolution down to 1440p and 1080p. I'm not entirely sure i think it might be the power the card is getting . I was originally using one of those 6pin/8pin power cables but i read some where that using two separate cables might fix the issue. Can someone confirm that that is the problem needing two separate power cables one for the six pin connector and one for the 8 pin connector ?? I will need to order another cable if thats the problem. I had one of those 4 pin molex connector cables and had a six pin adapter so i'm currently using that to see if that would sort fix the issue but not really.

Specs below

CPU: Ryzen 2700 (wraith spire cooler)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080
PSU: EVGA 600BQ
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz

Depends on the game. Sometimes around like 50-60% sometimes like 80-90%

did u use DDU Uninstaller to remove drivers and install new ones, cuz if u didnt that can be the culprit, also try high performance in windows mode, ur CPU might be downclocking ingames, whic used to happen to me on my 2700x rtx 2080 rig, also do full windows updates and stuff

5 minutes ago, Chabax said:

did u use DDU Uninstaller to remove drivers and install new ones, cuz if u didnt that can be the culprit, also try high performance in windows mode, ur CPU might be downclocking ingames, whic used to happen to me on my 2700x rtx 2080 rig, also do full windows updates and stuff

Yeah used the most recent version of DDU. do you mean high settings and borderless window for games??? and my windows is also up to date. 

type power mode in search bar and click on additional power settings, and switch to high performance

19 minutes ago, Chabax said:

type power mode in search bar and click on additional power settings, and switch to high performance

still seeing frame drops should i use ultimate performance?

7 minutes ago, Crysisrage said:

still seeing frame drops should i use ultimate performance?

can you download msi afterburner and track usages,clocks and stuff

25 minutes ago, Chabax said:

can you download msi afterburner and track usages,clocks and stuff

Yes thats what i'm using

5 hours ago, Crysisrage said:

Yes thats what i'm using

if u played on 1080p and 1440p id understand stutters cuz i had 2700x with 3200mhz cl18 ram and frametimes were fuking horrible, but at 4k it shouldnt be issue since GPU is bottleneck, anyways after my experience with ryzen i can HIGHLY recommend u sell that CPU/RAM and maybe even mobo if its really low end, and get atleast ryzen 3600x with 2x8gb 3200mhz cl14-16, or 3600cl16-18 ram kit , reason for 3600x is cuz X version clocks way higher then non X by default so u wont have to bother overclocking,, ryzen 0.1% and 1% fps lows improve tremendeously with good RAM kit

13 hours ago, Chabax said:

if u played on 1080p and 1440p id understand stutters cuz i had 2700x with 3200mhz cl18 ram and frametimes were fuking horrible, but at 4k it shouldnt be issue since GPU is bottleneck, anyways after my experience with ryzen i can HIGHLY recommend u sell that CPU/RAM and maybe even mobo if its really low end, and get atleast ryzen 3600x with 2x8gb 3200mhz cl14-16, or 3600cl16-18 ram kit , reason for 3600x is cuz X version clocks way higher then non X by default so u wont have to bother overclocking,, ryzen 0.1% and 1% fps lows improve tremendeously with good RAM kit

I agree with that I’ve heard that even though it has more cores than the ryzen 5 3600 and x version it is actually worse when it comes to game performance