Friend is planning to get into pc gaming, any thoughts for this build?

Niami

Budget (including currency): £600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games at atleast medium-high at 1080p60

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

He already has a basic k&m and monitor 

Here's a first draft parts list:

Are you missing a CPU?  Assuming you are going AMD by the motherboard.  Ahh I see it is at the bottom as a custom piece.

I think the b550 motherboards and 3100 and 3300 AMD CPUs are about to hit the market, which are £99 and £120 respectively, might be worth looking at them.

2 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Are you missing a CPU?  Assuming you are going AMD by the motherboard.

The cpu is added as a custom part because pcpart picker doesn't have the 1600 af officially

23 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Are you missing a CPU?  Assuming you are going AMD by the motherboard.  Ahh I see it is at the bottom as a custom piece.

I think the b550 motherboards and 3100 and 3300 AMD CPUs are about to hit the market, which are £99 and £120 respectively, might be worth looking at them.

Good point. Thanks for reminding me. I probably will change to zen2 when they're fully released.