Upgrade plan

celerystruct

I would like to upgrade my gpu but with rumors of 3080 ti coming around the corner I am unsure what to do.

I was initially planning on getting a 2080 ti but it seems waiting for the 3080 ti would be better due to the increase in performance.

So my new plan was to instead get the cheaper Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt and wait for the 3080 ti while using that.

Please let me know what you think of the plan as well as what are the estimated dates for 3000 series, specifically the 3080 ti.

Also any predictions on how much the 3080 ti will cost would also be helpful as well as whether I should wait for third party cards or just get the one nVidea releases first.

I am prepared to spend however much a 2080 ti costs and more to a certain degree, enough to cover the presumable price increase in 3080 ti. Thank you.

Here are relevant specs:

CPU: 2700x

Ram: 16 GBS

Current GPU: RX 590

Monitor: 1440p 144hz

Estimated dates: Announce Summer release late Fall early Winter. Rumor has it that the 3080 Ti will be less then the 2080 Ti originally retailed for. What are you using it for?

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Estimated dates: Announce Summer release late Fall early Winter. Rumor has it that the 3080 Ti will be less then the 2080 Ti originally retailed for. What are you using it for?

Games and video editing. I plan on upgrading my entire setup around the summer or fall. I was originally going to do it around end of May or June but then I read about the 3080 ti coming this year and also AMDs 4000 series dropping along with intel 10th gen so I figured I'd hold off at least on the gpu.

Also video editing is nothing intensive. No 4k editing.

Also 3080 ti being less than 2080 ti makes me think I should wait even more.

11 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

I would like to upgrade my gpu but with rumors of 3080 ti coming around the corner I am unsure what to do.

I was initially planning on getting a 2080 ti but it seems waiting for the 3080 ti would be better due to the increase in performance.

So my new plan was to instead get the cheaper Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt and wait for the 3080 ti while using that.

Please let me know what you think of the plan as well as what are the estimated dates for 3000 series, specifically the 3080 ti.

Also any predictions on how much the 3080 ti will cost would also be helpful as well as whether I should wait for third party cards or just get the one nVidea releases first.

I am prepared to spend however much a 2080 ti costs and more to a certain degree, enough to cover the presumable price increase in 3080 ti. Thank you.

Here are relevant specs:

CPU: 2700x

Ram: 16 GBS

Current GPU: RX 590

Monitor: 1440p 144hz

the 80 Ti of every Nvidia series cards is, afaik, meant for 4k.

you dont need it. get a 3080 or 3080 super when they come out, thats pretty much the best you need to max 1440p frames.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

24 minutes ago, ketchupspill said:

the 80 Ti of every Nvidia series cards is, afaik, meant for 4k.

you dont need it. get a 3080 or 3080 super when they come out, thats pretty much the best you need to max 1440p frames.

What's your opinion on the 5700 xt? The sapphire nitro+ seems to be the same price as earlier in the year before the pandemic. Should I buy that now to hold me off or is the 3000 series close enough that I should just wait entirely?

2 hours ago, celerystruct said:

What's your opinion on the 5700 xt? The sapphire nitro+ seems to be the same price as earlier in the year before the pandemic. Should I buy that now to hold me off or is the 3000 series close enough that I should just wait entirely?

idk. ive never used a radoen GPU before, but apparently there are SOME driver issues (again, never used it)

just wait. your 580 can stave off for a while.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.