Chrome Alternative

So Chrome has started to crash a lot more recently for me, not sure if it has something to do with my recent PC Upgrade since the error message that pops-up is 'STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION' and a quick look up shows that its related to memory which mine are new and they're working fine after running the diagnostic tool.

Im looking for a new browser to try and it has to be able to sync with a Google account so Opera, Firefox, and Edge are out of the way since all of them need their own accounts. I'm looking at some chromium based browsers but not sure if any of them are good and have the google sync I need.

I want it to be able to sync with a google account since all my passwords, bookmarks, everything is literally stored on google services and I also have an android phone so its hard for me to not sync with a non google account since its another account for me to add and i dont want that.

1 minute ago, Triventular said:

chromium

Cent.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Only Chrome and Chromium sync with a Google account. You could try out Vivaldi if that's not a necessity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Cent.

just downloaded that and thank you it was able to sync with my google account. I thought most of the browsers dont support that. im gonna test it out for a while

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

Only Chrome and Chromium sync with a Google account. You could try out Vivaldi if that's not a necessity.

I actually just tried vivaldi cuz i remembered i had it installed on an old laptop and it did that laptop wonders but sadly i need to have a vivaldi account to sync

Just now, Triventular said:

just downloaded that and thank you it was able to sync with my google account. I thought most of the browsers dont support that. im gonna test it out for a while

I use it, it's Chrome without all the spyware built-in

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I use it, it's Chrome without all the spyware built-in

What are some features of Cent that I have to keep in mind to be able to 'use it properly'?

26 minutes ago, Triventular said:

What are some features of Cent that I have to keep in mind to be able to 'use it properly'?

Haven't noticed anything different to be honest, with the exception of updates aren't handled by Chrome directly. Lots of new functions tho, mouse movements, tab handling, etc, all in Settings

• 1 month later...