Monoblock Flow Direction

Hello,

I just finished my first custom loop over the weekend and I just noticed that I done something wrong (after spending days on the loop). I have the EKWB EK-Quantum Reflection Fractal distribution plate and when I installed it, I noticed in the instructions it shows what port should be used as CPU inlet. That was the first thing I connected when I was doing the installation and I interpreted it as for the distribution plate and not the monoblock. The monoblock is the EKWB EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Crosshair and the instructions state "For the EK- Quantum Momentum ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Monoblock series water block to operate properly the G1/4 port nearest to the right edge of the water block MUST BE USED AS THE INLET PORT". Since I misinterpreted the instructions, the flow to the monoblock is backwards. I was wondering how much of an issue this would be and if its worth draining the loop and rebending the PETG tubing? To be honest, Im ok with replacing the tubing because those were my first runs I have ever done and it doesn't look the best (kind of like a hot mess but again, it was my first custom loop I have ever done). My question is can I put it off rebuilding the loop and would it change the temps that much?

Thanks in advance!

1.JPG

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

distri.JPG

mono.JPG

Does it work and give you proper temps? 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 picture is the system pretty much idle and the other is the temps running Folding@Home for about 5 mins on "full" (stock settings other than the RAM set to 3600MHz). Is 82 high for under load?

Idle

temp - i.JPG

Load (Folding@Home set to "Full")

temps - load.JPG

If on the cpu is going the wrong way, what hapends is its not going via the jet plate to the fins.

If temps are good dont be bothered by it.

30 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

If on the cpu is going the wrong way, what hapends is its not going via the jet plate to the fins.

If temps are good dont be bothered by it.

Isn't 84 high for the CPU? I have a 360mm & 120mm rad in the loop (4x 120mm fans for exhaust push and 3x 140mm intake). Im use to Intel systems and this is my first AMD in over 2 decades. Maybe lowering the voltage will help since they are set to auto

Well its a 12core.

If the cpu is stock no oc temps are not ok.

If you have an all core oc you are going over the limit with the voltage. 1.375 is the max you want to go.

I'd say ... have fun disassembling everything. You're not making use of the jet plate - in fact you're impeding flow not without the benefits now. The temps are terrible imho.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to post an up date in case anyone else ever wonders the same thing. So I ripped the loop apart and installed the flow in the correct direction. Under full load the temps are the same but, at idle it dropped a couple C

However, it was worth it only because I replaced the tubing and now the runs are more even and horizontal. It looks much cleaner