Port forwarding a minecraft server

screenshot.thumb.png.cde5ceedd184c6b2e6e61d4e1e3cbd79.pnghello, i have a ubiquiti edge router, i wanted to port forward my minecraft server but whatever i tried it didn't work, i tried different port, i watched multiple tutorials but all didn't work. i managed to get it working on my lan but than others from another network couldn't join. i'll provide screenshot from the config file from minecraft and how i created the rule for port forward.

Is there anything in front of the edge router? An ISP router specifically. That would also need to be port forwarded.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

13 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

Is there anything in front of the edge router? An ISP router specifically. That would also need to be port forwarded.

No, it’s only the edge router. Just checked.

10 hours ago, Berkan5473 said:

No, it’s only the edge router. Just checked.

Make sure to have tcp/udp server port use default 25565 and server IP leave blank since that won't work they will connect via your public ipv4 address also don't give the ipv4 to people you don't know since it shows your approximate location

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

17 hours ago, Kanna said:

Make sure to have tcp/udp server port use default 25565 and server IP leave blank since that won't work they will connect via your public ipv4 address also don't give the ipv4 to people you don't know since it shows your approximate location

well that isn't really the problem, i just can't open any port right. i try to see if i it is open via canyouseeme.org but it won't work. also it works fine on my lan

Edited by Berkan5473
forgot last sentence

2 hours ago, Berkan5473 said:

well that isn't really the problem, i just can't open any port right. i try to see if i it is open via canyouseeme.org but it won't work. also it works fine on my lan

Is Minecraft added to the firewall?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

58 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Is Minecraft added to the firewall?

as in the port or minecraft it self?

2 minutes ago, Berkan5473 said:

as in the port or minecraft it self?

both

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

both

the port is added in my router as wall as on my server running it, only if i check if the port is open via canyouseemee.org it says it's closed

50 minutes ago, Berkan5473 said:

the port is added in my router as wall as on my server running it, only if i check if the port is open via canyouseemee.org it says it's closed

What port do you have and what port are you testing

Reminder⚠️

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What port do you have and what port are you testing

i used port 1500, this worked perfectly fine for LAN, i opened it on my router with the correct ip but when i checked if it was open via canyouseeme.org with of course port 1500 but it showed this (i photoshoped the ip out)

screenshot2.png

1 hour ago, Berkan5473 said:

i used port 1500, this worked perfectly fine for LAN, i opened it on my router with the correct ip but when i checked if it was open via canyouseeme.org with of course port 1500 but it showed this (i photoshoped the ip out)

screenshot2.png

as i said before set the router to use tcp/udp since minecraft wants both and try with the default port and set server ip in the config as blank

Reminder⚠️

10 hours ago, Kanna said:

as i said before set the router to use tcp/udp since minecraft wants both and try with the default port and set server ip in the config as blank

Oke I’ll try that, the forward to address on the router does that have to be the same?

11 hours ago, Kanna said:

yeah i did that, didn't work so i guess it has to be a problem with the portforward rule or the firewall instead of the server config files (it worked this way via lan tho)

4 hours ago, Berkan5473 said:

yeah i did that, didn't work so i guess it has to be a problem with the portforward rule or the firewall instead of the server config files (it worked this way via lan tho)

lan always work without port forwarding can I have a current screenshot of your server config and router config page

Reminder⚠️

23 minutes ago, Kanna said:

lan always work without port forwarding can I have a current screenshot of your server config and router config page

screenshot3.png

8 minutes ago, Berkan5473 said:

screenshot3.png

Seems equal to my config my last try would be to disable the firewall on the OS you are using if it is present

Reminder⚠️

12 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Seems equal to my config my last try would be to disable the firewall on the OS you are using if it is present

disabled the firewall on my server running the minecraft server, still doesn't work

8 minutes ago, Berkan5473 said:

disabled the firewall on my server running the minecraft server, still doesn't work

What OS are you using and what's your router?

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

What OS are you using and what's your router?

Zorin os for my server and my router is an edge router lite

2 minutes ago, Berkan5473 said:

Zorin os for my server and my router is an edge router lite

The ip in the router config is that the ip of the server device or the router?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

The ip in the router config is that the ip of the server device or the router?

It is the ip of the server running the Minecraft server so not the router

Just now, Berkan5473 said:

It is the ip of the server running the Minecraft server so not the router

Hmm, that's weird

Reminder⚠️

Yeah, i idon't know what's the problem

1 minute ago, Berkan5473 said:

Yeah, i idon't know what's the problem

Me neither some ISPS have a firewall on their side my old ISP had that there was a port forward function but it had no function since it can't be disabled

Reminder⚠️