I Need Help Getting Fast Internet.

Headline

Back last summer, I built my own PC. I want to get one of those Intel LAN cards with 4 ethernet ports to see if I can get fast internet. If I have 4 Cables going into a router with just 4 jacks, will the internet become faster? Because I honestly dont understand how this type of things work. Thanks!

-Headline

Intel i7-3820

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866

GTX 680

Any chance you can explain the process?

Intel i7-3820

GTX 680

Wait lan card as in the ones that are put in your pci slots or a gigabit port?

Are you saying you are going to plug 4 ethernet cables from your router into your computer? That isn't going to have an effect on your internet whatsoever. If you want faster internet you need to upgrade your internet package or switch ISPs.

More ethernet cables != more internet speed.

Are you saying you are going to plug 4 ethernet cables from your router into your computer? That isn't going to have an effect on your internet whatsoever. If you want faster internet you need to upgrade your internet package or switch ISPs.

More ethernet cables != more internet speed.

Isnt it =/=? not != or is this computer language...

Isnt it =/=? not != or is this computer language...

!= is programming language for is not or does not equal.

!= is programming language for is not or does not equal.

Wasnt that java? I havent used it in a long while

Wasnt that java? I havent used it in a long while

Most C based languages use != as "does not equal". So yeah, java does.

Any chance you can explain the process?

When you connect more ethernet cables to your pc they don't stack the amount of information being sent. All it does is allow for failures in one cable or port. So not really worth while. 

To be honest I don't really think there is anything you can do to drastically increase your internet speeds apart from changing ISPs.

Having more jacks on your NIC might increase LAN speeds (transferring files from one computer to another over LAN), however it will not increase your internet speed

Your computer is often not the bottleneck when it comes to internet speed, but rather the plan you purchase from your ISP.

Even if you have a 100BaseT NIC (which is ooollddd), it would still not be a bottleneck on at least 80% of internet connections

Take a speedtest, note the DL/UL, then browse your ISP's website or call them and browse other plans they offer if you're not satisfied with your internet speed

Unless you're not getting the speed you paid for, there's not much you can do on your end to improve internet speed

I am in the cisco networking academy, and there is a very valid point in thinking that having more ethernet connections the faster your speed will be. If you have a Intel NIC in your system right now it is prob a Gigabit NIC, unless if you have Google Fiber you are not going to get any where close to even transmitting data at 1 Gbps. You should be fine with what you have. If you just want more speed just because, you could get a 10Gb NIC but the only problem with that is that unless you have pro grade equipment, you are going to have nothing to connect your computer to to actually achieve the 10Gbps speeds.

Thanks guys, I feel stupid :)

Intel i7-3820

GTX 680

Thanks guys, I feel stupid :)

Dont feel stupid its kind of a misconception because it makes sense to people until you actually go through researching