Need your guys help

So im using a fairly old asus b350 prime plus am4 mobo and im going to upgrade to a r5 3600 and 5700 xt, (im replacing my ram with 3200mhz awell same with the psu) but im just worried if my mobo will be fine for this cause im into pc's but im not really all the way into the details about parts and what they can handle so im just concerned that my mobo wont be able to hand this amount of power drawn through it and since its fairly old. (Roughly 4 years old) Cheers lads.

3 minutes ago, staticAU said:

So im using a fairly old asus b350 prime plus am4 mobo and im going to upgrade to a r5 3600 and 5700 xt, (im replacing my ram with 3200mhz awell same with the psu) but im just worried if my mobo will be fine for this cause im into pc's but im not really all the way into the details about parts and what they can handle so im just concerned that my mobo wont be able to hand this amount of power drawn through it and since its fairly old. (Roughly 4 years old) Cheers lads.

It may need a bios update to support the new chip. I’m running a gigabyte ab350m gaming mobo for my first gen ryzen 1600x and plan to just upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 7 second or third gen in the near future and have found that I will only need to do a bios update/flash so it’ll support the newer chip. 

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Yeah ive done a bios update for the new r5 3000 series.

5 minutes ago, staticAU said:

Yeah ive done a bios update for the new r5 3000 series.

Then you should be fine

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

4 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

Then you should be fine

So the old mobo shouldnt be a worry for these upgrades you reckon?

43 minutes ago, staticAU said:

Try checking pc part picker, you put your parts in and they can check for issues. 

22 minutes ago, SomeGuyWcrappyLaptop said:

Try checking pc part picker, you put your parts in and they can check for issues. 

Alright thank you