USB type A to male type E

abdil

I just bought a case with a front panel type c connector but my motherboard only has rear 3.2 gen 2 connectors, two type A's and one type C. I had the idea if I could find a cable that could connect to the front panel type E then route it to the rear I/O in to one of the USB 3.2 gen 2 type A's, that I'm not using anyway, then I could get the full 3.2 gen 2 speed's.

I've been searching on google but either I'm getting the wording wrong or there just Isn't anything like it. Any idea's or help would be great.

14 minutes ago, abdil said:

I just bought a case with a front panel type c connector but my motherboard only has rear 3.2 gen 2 connectors, two type A's and one type C. I had the idea if I could find a

How does that Type C normally connect?

and I'm not sure where the controllers are for USB in this equation.

You might be able to just splice some things to make a passthrough cable though depending on the pin out.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

How does that Type C normally connect?

and I'm not sure where the controllers are for USB in this equation.

You might be able to just splice some things to make a passthrough cable though depending on the pin out.

the idea would be something like a cable with USB type E female on one end and USB type A on the other. One end connects to the cable coming out of the back of the front panel type C and the over end connects the the USB 3.2 Gen 2 type A on the back I/O "god that's a mouth full"