New case suggestions please

Jordie
Go to solution Solved by Mamonos,
3 minutes ago, Jordie said:

Another question I have is about the vertical gpu mounting in cases. I would love to use that but have heard that it makes the GPU too close to the side panel making it run hotter and slower. Do all vertical mounts do this?

Mostly. On most system I observed an increase of 5 / 10 degree, it can be critical if you already have hot temps.

Personally do not recommend mounting the GPU vertically unless you are using liquid cooling.

You also have potential drawbacks from using riser cables (most are good but still is an additional point of potential failure).

However, some companies (CableMod and CoolerMaster comes to mind) produce an adapter to mount GPU vertically using the horizontal slots; this way, the GPU is farther away from the side panels and gets better ventilation.

Hi I have a 650d currently but I want something smaller and more clean looking.

I like the popular nzxt 510 but for me it doesn't have enough front usb ports for what I'd need. I have a cheap usb hub that I could use but I'd rather keep it looking as clean and tidy as possible on the front.

Is there any cases that have the same looks as the nzxt at around the same price that has more USB? Or is there a better option for me adding more usb to the case without It looking a mess and without spending too much. My mobo is a b450 tomahawk max and currently i have to loose 2 USB at the back to use the 650d front panel USB which is annoying.

Any input and advice would be greatly helpful as I've been out of touch with pc cases since I bought the 650d

Thanks in advance 

I don't know how many USB ports you need, but small cases like that normally do not provide lot of them.

My best bet would be something from InWin (303, 305 should be around that size and look and some come with 4 usb ports).

Cooler Master's case also come with lot of USB ports, but I don't think they are so clean-looking.

Another option would be to get a case with a 5.25" drive bay and then fit in an USB hub like the ones from DeLock.

Again, 5.25" bays are not so popular anymore, especially in small cases. But Be Quiet! Pure Base 600 is an option.

2 hours ago, Mamonos said:

I don't know how many USB ports you need, but small cases like that normally do not provide lot of them.

My best bet would be something from InWin (303, 305 should be around that size and look and some come with 4 usb ports).

Cooler Master's case also come with lot of USB ports, but I don't think they are so clean-looking.

Another option would be to get a case with a 5.25" drive bay and then fit in an USB hub like the ones from DeLock.

Again, 5.25" bays are not so popular anymore, especially in small cases. But Be Quiet! Pure Base 600 is an option.

Thanks for the reply. Thinking about my usb needs, I have 3 led lights being powered by USB so I could power them another way giving me 3 usb, plus the 2 I'd gain from having my back ports freed up from the front io ports. This sounds more reasonable to me after looking at other cases. 

Another question I have is about the vertical gpu mounting in cases. I would love to use that but have heard that it makes the GPU too close to the side panel making it run hotter and slower. Do all vertical mounts do this?

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Jordie said:

Mostly. On most system I observed an increase of 5 / 10 degree, it can be critical if you already have hot temps.

Personally do not recommend mounting the GPU vertically unless you are using liquid cooling.

You also have potential drawbacks from using riser cables (most are good but still is an additional point of potential failure).

However, some companies (CableMod and CoolerMaster comes to mind) produce an adapter to mount GPU vertically using the horizontal slots; this way, the GPU is farther away from the side panels and gets better ventilation.

1 hour ago, Mamonos said:

Thanks going to try look for a case with a good mounting solution already installed